Get some tranny RTV and put a bead around the shifter base when you do the install. Get some high strenght Loc Tite and other then that, make sure you have all the tools that are needed and you should be set.
What I would suguest for putting the shifter knob back on is a block of soft wood or hard rubber (sanding block w/out the paper ) and put that on top of the knob with the knob lined up correctly and give it a few goow whacks with a hammer. just don't make direct striking contact with the knob or you'll crack the laminant on it.
1. Remember to take off the crossmember, its 4 nuts, and its easy to put back......
2. Those 4 nuts on the bottom ****ing suck....
3. The allen key nuts suck BUT I was able to get them out by using a normal allen key with some a fulcrum (long socket). The back ones of course were easy.
4. I used the suggested black silicone to remount the stock shifter. No problems. 4th gear is the only gear where it makes noise.
5. It ****ing rocks.
6. The noise is there if you put up all of your windows and shut of the radio, do that too long, you'll disappoint yourself. Put the radio up a little OR the windows down a little, you don't notice anything. The noise really isn't there unless you are giving it some speed, otherwise, normal day to day driving is fine and at 80mph @ 6th, you wouldn't know the difference.
I may end up trying to use some liner around that well area, and see if there is anyway I could make the 4th noise stop with a little bit of rubberized substance on the stop bolts and shaft.