LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
7,332 Posts
Follow up test. It lifted the GTO without any issue. I had to play around with the header connection bolts. The space under the car is perfect.

Oh, and for those new to the QJ, don't overlook the warnings about radial shift. I thought I had plenty of room in front of the GTO when lifting but when I was done it was a lot closer to the car in front of it than I had planned. Didn't hit anything but still.

That potential lifter tick I was hearing at the end of the season (or at least thought I was hearing) was likely an exhaust tick. The bolts at the cat pipes/x pipe connection were all loose. The header bolts were snug but not snug enough for my likes. The ball and socket header connections like really tight bolts. I got all new bolt and will have to remember to use anti-seize this time. I like stainless bolts and they are real easy to gall when you really tighten them down if you do it dry. Over $17 for four stainless bolts, four stainless nuts, four stainless lock washers and four stainless flat washers!

·
GR-RRR!
7,332 Posts
One minor con to the QJ. If you need to get under the car let's say somewhere in the middle. you can't slide under there from the side, you have to go in from the front or the rear. Makes for a bit of crawling and sliding. I don't use a creeper since they rarely go where I want them to go and are generally uncomfortable.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts