LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Original Owners Club
9,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, my brother died in a car crash. He hit a light post and flipped into a ditch. He was turning and the Goat lost control hit the post and flipped right into the ditch. Cops said he died on impact. Well, now him and the Goat are in they're eternal resting place. He was 20 years old...

Some info at http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=9994&z=3&p=

Our family asked to keep all other infomation private.

EDIT: Here is the story TRUE:
He was driving from school to work, and the car's rear tire grazed the median causing the car to fishtail. He was going 27 miles an hour, but the car got sideways it became slightly airborne, and the car then slammed into a pole directly on the driver's door. The medical examiner said he died immediately, and painlessly of extreme head trauma.

Pics are on page 4.

·
Can't have enough V8s
1,932 Posts
Terribly sorry for your loss. wow...:(

·
No, GTO, not Grand Am
231 Posts
I'm so sorry! I'll remember your family in prayer.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
Wow very sorry to hear it. Godbless.......

·
Original Owners Club
9,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the support guys, Im just glad he died on impact so he didnt have to suffer pain.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sorry for your loss.....You are in my prayers.

·
GTOless
7,011 Posts
Sorry to hear that... was it your GTO or his?

·
Original Owners Club
9,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Bro sorry to hear my best friend died in a car crash at 16 i still miss him every day....ill say a prayer for you family...not trying to bring up anything but do you think it was because he just wasnt used to driving a rear wheel drive car?

·
Original Owners Club
9,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually, the GTO was his until Sept 4th when he got the Evo. So probably the tranny locked up(its does that since predator tune) and the car just spun. We are going to get a full report of what happened tommorow.

And again, thanks for your support.

·
GTOless
7,011 Posts
Actually, the GTO was his until Sept 4th when he got the Evo. So probably the tranny locked up(its does that since predator tune) and the car just spun. We are going to get a full report of what happened tommorow.

And again, thanks for your support.
What do you mean by locked up? That could be a big safety issue with the Predator. Again im sorry for your loss.

·
Original Owners Club
9,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like sometimes, when it shifts into 2nd, it accelerates by itself and sometimes is just dont downshift

1 - 20 of 225 Posts
About this Discussion
224 Replies
186 Participants
GTBRO1
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing