1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
East Coast Shootout Race Day Schedule

MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING-9:45
T&T and grudge will start at 10a.m.
Qualifying will begin ~12:30-1:00 There will be 2 qualifying passes. Every car will need to run a qualifying pass. These 2 passes will determine 3 things;
A. The quick 8 competitors
B. The king of each class (GTO, Camaro, G8, Corvette) The quickest E.T. from the qualifying rounds will be the "king" of their model. Passes during T&T do not count.
C. The reaction time prize from the DSS will be awarded from the reaction times during these qualifying rounds. Make these two count! The racer with the best reaction time during qualifying will win the prize. In the event of a tie, the two that tie will run heads up with the best reaction time of that pass taking the prize.

Final Eliminations and bracket racing will begin immediately following the qualifying rounds.

All times are subject to change. Make sure you are listening to the track PA for announcements.

Classes:
Basically there will be two classes, a quick 8 and a bracket racing class. If you are not familiar with bracket racing try this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket_racing If you have any questions about bracket racing feel free to ask. Basically, bracket racing puts every car on a level playing field regardless of E.T. and gives everyone a chance to win a trophy. Every car is eligible for the bracket class and is encouraged to participate.

Prizes:

Grand Prize:
1- 9" IRS kit from the Driveshaft Shop with install by Heintz Racing (best reaction time during qualifying)

Trophies:
IRS King (quick 8 winner)
GTO King (Quickest E.T. during qualifying)
G8 King " "
Camaro King " "
Corvette King " "
Dialed In (bracket race winner)
On the Tree (best reaction time during qualifying)

Raffle:
12-Procharger Shirts
6-Procharger Hats
4-$25 gift certificates to West Coast Speed
2-$50 gift certificates to West Coast Speed
1-Gift certificate for a free Flat air splitter from West Coast Speed

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Awesome I cant wait!

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Bracket Racing?????

:scratch: :wall: :D

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts

·
TAGURIT
12,745 Posts
I cant wait for this event, I hope to have all my issues ironed out by then. Still have to find a truck and a trailer to get me there. Should have my new heads and TVS replacement jackshaft in tomorrow. Just will need to make a trip to the local strip to make sure the car is good to make the trip.

·
Unicorn
5,018 Posts
I cant wait for this event, I hope to have all my issues ironed out by then. Still have to find a truck and a trailer to get me there. Should have my new heads and TVS replacement jackshaft in tomorrow. Just will need to make a trip to the local strip to make sure the car is good to make the trip.
Truck and trailer??? Driving to and from the shootout is half the fun.

·
Waiting on new time slip
1,639 Posts
BRACKET RACING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that means my 12 second car won't get taken out first round by the sub 9 second car that was put beside me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:woot:

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad to see the BS got cleaned up in here. Obviously there was some trolling going on and some slanderous comments being made. I'm back and as honest as ever!! :)

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
I'm glad to see the BS got cleaned up in here. Obviously there was some trolling going on and some slanderous comments being made. I'm back and as honest as ever!! :)
Welcome back! :):turbonaug

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking but I have not found and exact date for this even for 2011. Also, I have not found and exact location for this even. ('Darlington, SC' is too general.) Can someone help me out?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts