LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPOILER WARNING!!

Race airs tomorrow, so if you don't want to know what happened stop reading!

Stu's GTO finished 28th out the the field of 31. Team Caddy dominated the race. One of the team cars stalled on the start got passed by nearly everyone and then managed to work it's way back through the field on finish second to the other CTS-V!!

Should be an interesting race to watch tomorrow!!

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope. The Goat had a mechanical failure on lap 14 and fell out of the race. It did finish in front of 2 Z06's and a BMW M3, all of which also had mechanical problems as well.

Don't forget AD had zero test sessions in the GTO and literally did their initial shakedown at the track! Caddy on the other hand has full factory support. They tuned the body and spoiler for the CTS-V in GM's wind tunnel and the car runs a full dry sump V-8.

Hopefully AD will have better luck at Lime Rock!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on the effort so far! I understand that the mods allowable to any one model (including forced induction) are determined by committee. Surly there must be some serious politics behind some of those decisions? How evenly "competitive " are the cars?

·
SOLD-04 & 06 Torrid Red GTO's
408 Posts
Howie, check your email please. Thanks. Dave

·
BuckeyeGoats.com
1,943 Posts
Guess I'll have to go to Mid Ohio to see it race! Speed's coverage sucked ;-), I mean I'm sure it's all Commercial and Political but they could've at least mentioned the new entry and at least put it on screen once!

On the other hand, those CTSV's were just awesome. I see where all the General's money is going.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts