LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
12,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got all the pieces together, installed my Race Concepts drilled and sloted rotors, along with C5 brake pads. Here is how it came together. Enjoy.

Up close:

Backed off some:

Those are the Forge-Tech dealer add-on wheels with Gorrila lugnuts.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jontall said:
Nice... Are they stainless; where did you get them?
They dont appear to be stainless, but the non-contact surfaces of the brake linings came painted black. Hopefully no rust in those areas.

I got a set of four for under $300 on eBay. Not a bad appearance mod, did the caliper paint at the same time. Really cleaned up the look at the wheels, IMHO.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,959 Posts
Where are the rotors made? and Did you get 05 vented rears?

·
Kollar Racing Products
5,436 Posts
I did the same mod about 6 months and 15k ago. In my opinion between the Corvette pad, synthetic brake fluid and the rotors the car stops considerably better and look great. Its a shame that none of the sponsers of this forum sells these rotors. The raceconcept rotors are manufactured by Centrix. Centrix and Stop tech are the SAME company. I get a kick out of the guys withthe big dollar Baers and cracked rotors. The pads, rotors and brake fluid cost all of 425 bucks. This is the best bang for the buck,

·
Kollar Racing Products
5,436 Posts
PS...who cares where their made. OEM Corvette come from Brazil. The OEM GT0 I believe come from Malaysia. I sold autoparts for more years then I care to admit. $100 rotors last as long as $25 rotors. They are all disposable. Spend the money you save on better tires...and this car will corner and stop like it was designed to do!

·
Banned
12,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure where they are made, and I got the OE style front and rear.

Duckman, I have to agree. I get a small bit more stopping power and a whole lot more in the good looks category for a quarter of the cost.

SEG engaged.

·
"There's no good sharks?"
1,294 Posts

·
Banned
12,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts