LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Today I was out cruising minding my own bizzness when I saw a red gto at the light in front of me. I pulled up along side him in my GTP. He looked over at me and I nodded and was anxious. There was no one else around and it was the perfect time to run'em. I put the Prix in Neutral and revved it a lil to let him know I wanted to run him. He did the same( I could tell it was an auto because he appeared to be shifting it back to neutral to rev) So, the light turns and off we go. I spun a lil but immediately jumped ahead and pulled about a good car to sixty and stayed that car length ahead til 75mph when I let off. I know it probably wasnt fair to let off then, because I am sure that is when the GTO would really buckle down and pass me. But I didnt want to go any faster on that street and heck I was winning...That sure was fun,,,,

·
Registered
850 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Hey guys,
Today I was out cruising minding my own bizzness when I saw a red gto at the light in front of me. I pulled up along side him in my GTP. He looked over at me and I nodded and was anxious. There was no one else around and it was the perfect time to run'em. I put the Prix in Neutral and revved it a lil to let him know I wanted to run him. He did the same( I could tell it was an auto because he appeared to be shifting it back to neutral to rev) So, the light turns and off we go. I spun a lil but immediately jumped ahead and pulled about a good car to sixty and stayed that car length ahead til 75mph when I let off. I know it probably wasnt fair to let off then, because I am sure that is when the GTO would really buckle down and pass me. But I didnt want to go any faster on that street and heck I was winning...That sure was fun,,,,
Hmmm..even with your mods...I'm skeptical

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
yeah I call BS........j/k

·
DOG
626 Posts
I'm not. Remember where I sat stock vs a reasonable modded GTP. And I had a manual. The GTPs with a little work are quick cars. Course the goats are quicker ;)

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
A modded GTP hung with me at the street races in El Paso (check my video). I got him on the launch and kept my distance, but he pulled well. I was able to only put a car or so on him by the end of the 1/4. I was impressed.

Padre

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
WKDWS6 chose his mods well with the intention of being just a hair faster then a stock goat!!! LOL

I'm sure that WKD wouldn't BS us. He seems to be a good guy. Bring that GP down to Silver Dollar on 10/22/04 for some 1/4 madness! Check out the Drag section for more info!

Doc

Then you and me can line up our Pontiacs!

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doc GTO said:
WKDWS6 chose his mods well with the intention of being just a hair faster then a stock goat!!! LOL

I'm sure that WKD wouldn't BS us. He seems to be a good guy. Bring that GP down to Silver Dollar on 10/22/04 for some 1/4 madness! Check out the Drag section for more info!

Doc

Then you and me can line up our Pontiacs!

I just may be able to make that...I think I need to change my tires first though. LOL Its hard to launch that car without excessive wheel spin.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hay it could be true, maybe the goat wasnt racing and just our for a liesurely drive. Sometiomes when I pull away from a light, the G-monster takes off so fast, and sound so good that people sometimes think I want to race them

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
conan said:
Hay it could be true, maybe the goat wasnt racing and just our for a liesurely drive. Sometiomes when I pull away from a light, the G-monster takes off so fast, and sound so good that people sometimes think I want to race them

Right,,,, :rolleyes:

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Hey WKDWS6 why don't you show us a pic of both your cars? Next to each other in a pic.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
maybe you didn't hear me WKDWS6 i'd appreciate if you showed us a pic of your cars side by side. thanks

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
i believe you man, my buddy tony's little bro has a GTP with some work and it will take tony off the line and he has a camaro with 400 rwhp, but i should mention that tony is too busy spinning his tires to take off! but in all reality, the GTP can be a fast car, nice kill dude.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Its not that I don't belive a modded GTP could beat a stock GTO. The mods done to WKDWS6's GTP should get that car into the mid 13s. What I want to see is a picture of his GTP next to his Z06 to validate his kill storys.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GMH GTO said:
Its not that I don't belive a modded GTP could beat a stock GTO. The mods done to WKDWS6's GTP should get that car into the mid 13s. What I want to see is a picture of his GTP next to his Z06 to validate his kill storys.

Sure man... But how will that validate my kill stories? Are you able to look at the car and tell everywhere its been and what its beaten? I will post a pic though. I am working out of town right now. I will take a pic as soon as I get home. Looks like the end of the week. I am sure DOC GTO will be able to validate them when we meet up at the track in a couple weeks too...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good kill and very believable to me. My brother has a modded 4 door GTP, and he's suprised a few with it. I don't understand why most of you on this board think the GTO can't be beat, especailly by a FWD car. Not hating, since I have personal expierence with GTO's. It's just comical with some of your perspectives. :slap:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
97GSTAT said:
Good kill and very believable to me. My brother has a modded 4 door GTP, and he's suprised a few with it. I don't understand why most of you on this board think the GTO can't be beat, especailly by a FWD car. Not hating, since I have personal expierence with GTO's. It's just comical with some of your perspectives. :slap:

I think for the most part they are realistic about it. We will get to see at the track at the end of October.

·
Registered
367 Posts
A local guy had a heavily modded GTP (pully, headers, heads, cams) that pulled low 13's spinning on streets. We happened to get some high speed runs in (closed course, of course) and I was at a buck-25, and all I heard was blower whine as he pulled past me from behind pulling strong up to 148 or so (during that pull). Very impressive...

·
Registered
67 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
I think for the most part they are realistic about it. We will get to see at the track at the end of October.
See my point is that the majority of FWD cars that can even hang with a GTO will more then likely have enough top end to stay with them. But as I observe people's views on here they ultimatically assume the GTO would just pull on the top end. I'm more the willing to put my cars top end against my parents GTO's top end. Now down low the GTO should have the advantage if it hooks, which it probably will over a FWD car. Top end is usually when a FWD car will win, if it has any power that is.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts