LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a red light on the left lane in front of a wide intersection. Just minding my own business listening to my Celine Dion CD.....

LOLOLOLOL :hail:

Anyway, this nice brand new burgundy Jeep Liberty with the funky round headlights pulls up next to me. I looked over to the male driver and his wife just checking out his ride and the guy glares at me. He starts to grab the steering wheel with both hands and looks straight at the stop light anticipating the green.

So I went to "battle mode" and made sure my seat bealt was tight, body upright, left hand on steering wheel, and I watched the traffic light to the opposing traffic and waited for their yellow light. I start inching forward and then green light!

We both take off and by the time we crossed the intersection, the Jeep was almost 2-3 car lengths ahead of me. I could feel my vehicle just grunting so I switched off the AC immediately and felt it lunge forward a little bit. But I still could not hang. This dude was just schooling me and I could see the wife looking back to see where I was.

By the time we were 1 block away from start, it was clear there was no way I could catch up to him. Those Jeep Libertys are pretty fast. Caught up to him at the next light and gave him the thumbs up. He grinned at me and signalled if I wanted some more spanking. Just shook my head and changed my CD to Wilson Phillips and Madonna. Went home pretty bummed and told my wife about it. She was sooooo pissed! She made me promise never to race again.

That's the last time I will ever race another car again in my wife's Chevy Venture Minivan.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Oh, Jeez. You scared me. I thought you left the parking brake on, or had a blown head gasket or something. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:slap: I knew something like that was comming.
I could feel it 1/2 way through :sneaky:

Good one LOL LOL :gr_jest:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
That was a good one, there have been alot of "I got ya!!!" post lately. Add this one to the list.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good One Desert Goat... I was near the end and saying to myself... What the ^&556$
happened??? Turn the A/C off !!!!! Ha ha Cos

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
desertgoat said:
Anyway
That's the last time I will ever race another car again in my wife's Chevy Venture Minivan.
i was waiting for the punch line. if you were in your GTO i would tell you tohang your head in shame :banghead:

·
Registered
459 Posts
WHEW!!! Man, really had me goin!!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Hmmmm :eek2:

I think it's time for headers and a catback on the Venture.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
I was crusing last weekend when I heard this beehive buzzing noise a honda MDX going WOT comming up on me in the left lane, I dropped it in 3rd and by time they were up to my door I started pulling on them.

some moron husband and wife, pulled up at the next stop light "I guess you like your GTO."

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Had me going. I'm thinking TC left on and bogged down, or maybe you just lit them up.... Nope, the ol' mini van :banghead:

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Hmmmm!

desertgoat said:
I was at a red light on the left lane in front of a wide intersection. Just minding my own business listening to my Celine Dion CD.....

Anyway, this nice brand new burgundy Jeep Liberty with the funky round headlights pulls up next to me. I looked over to the male driver and his wife just checking out his ride and the guy glares at me. He starts to grab the steering wheel with both hands and looks straight at the stop light anticipating the green.

So I went to "battle mode" and made sure my seat bealt was tight, body upright, left hand on steering wheel, and I watched the traffic light to the opposing traffic and waited for their yellow light. I start inching forward and then green light!

We both take off and by the time we crossed the intersection, the Jeep was almost 2-3 car lengths ahead of me. I could feel my vehicle just grunting so I switched off the AC immediately and felt it lunge forward a little bit. But I still could not hang. This dude was just schooling me and I could see the wife looking back to see where I was.

By the time we were 1 block away from start, it was clear there was no way I could catch up to him. Those Jeep Libertys are pretty fast. Caught up to him at the next light and gave him the thumbs up. He grinned at me and signalled if I wanted some more spanking. Just shook my head and changed my CD to Wilson Phillips and Madonna. Went home pretty bummed and told my wife about it. She was sooooo pissed! She made me promise never to race again.

Can you say Turbo time? :D

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
Had us all worried ...

desertgoat said:
Anyway, this nice brand new burgundy Jeep Liberty with the funky round headlights pulls up next to me. I looked over to the male driver and his wife just checking out his ride and the guy glares at me. ..... He grinned at me and signalled if I wanted some more spanking. Just shook my head and changed my CD to Wilson Phillips and Madonna. Went home pretty bummed and told my wife about it. She was sooooo pissed! She made me promise never to race again. That's the last time I will ever race another car again in my wife's Chevy Venture Minivan.

DG, you had us all worried there, Bro! Too much time in the hot sun, Son!
.. Every one knows "Celine" can't win a race against a Liberty .. next time .. you gotta be playin' some "Jan & Dean" or "Steppenwolf" :)

,,,, Mean Monaros - DRIVE ON ... BBD :cool:

·
got rice?
480 Posts
I had a similar sutuation with a neon SRT4. It was Sunday morning around 2 am. We both started from a roll of about 40mph. I put it in 2nd and we both punched it about the same time. All I have to say is top of 2nd; by my door. Top of 3rd; by my door and then I had to let off because of traffic. The whole time I maybe got a few inches on him but he was still by my door (scary thought).

My goat already has a Borla cat-back and a cold air kit. I know that neon wasn't stock but it's good to know the competition so everyone, "beware".

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
Where the hell did you get all that funky music, You want me to send you some disks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts