LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at adding racing stripes to my Impulse Blue GTO. Just curious on everyone's opinion of adding them or not (any negative consequences)? and what color (black or white)? If you have a pic of an Impulse Blue with racing stripes, please post it for me to see if possible? Thanks.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
ohh...go for white. Be careful though...when I got stripes on my Camaro, no one really liked them but me! See attached pic. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hear ya on the stripes - I test drove a Silver/Red combo that has red stripes. I really thought they set off the car but my friends threatened to take the bus, lol. I ended up with a black/red GTO and I still think the red stripes would look sharp.

Who makes the stripes anyways? Is there a place online to look at some examples of GTO's with them?

In the end though, it's your car, if you like it - go for it. If we wanted to please other people we'd have all bought Accords and Camry's... YUCK.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think stripes can look good on certain cars with the right combinations. It was easy to do my track car, just the classic blue on white. I think I would go with other exterior mods than stripes on the GTO to set the car apart.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Stan said:
I think stripes can look good on certain cars with the right combinations. It was easy to do my track car, just the classic blue on white. I think I would go with other exterior mods than stripes on the GTO to set the car apart.

Nice looking place you have in the background.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
That mustang looks like it wants to kill someone.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
personally i like racing stripes, and i like the black stripes on the red camaro! how bout this combo, on the impulse blue, one fat white stripe down the middle, red fender stripes and black five spoke rims....... i know it would look just like the 96 corvette grand sport, but i really like that car! but i would say white stripes on the IBM....

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Goats don't have stripes. Chevys and Fords have stripes not Pontiacs.

I like stripes but not on Goats.

If you have to do it, be a little different, go yellow or some dark shade of blood red. But I beg you, dont' strip a GTO. Bad Karma.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
the anniversary trans ams were all striped.... HA! so was the 10th anniv. firehawk with gold stripes..... looking at a poster of one in my room right now....... but i was also one that striped my green grand am.... in ricereeze that like 10hp easy!!!!!!

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Yea I figured there were one or two F-bodies. I don't really count those because it doesn't further my cause.. I mean they are not much different than the Camaro at that point. :p

I am really opposed to a striped GTO.

Two reasons.
  • GTO's have never been striped from the factory
  • 04'+ GTO's look like crap with stripes in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
523 Posts
RedThunder said:
ohh...go for white. Be careful though...when I got stripes on my Camaro, no one really liked them but me! See attached pic. What do you guys think?
I see what ya mean - BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!

Tell ya what, I'll make room in my garage for you to hide it for a couple of years until the heat's off. Don't forget to leave the key.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going for a more subtle look so I would prefer black stipes over white (imho, white looks more aggressive). But would black stripes look good on a blue goat (???). If there are any photoshop pros, feel free to put black stipes on a blue goat for me and post it. Thanks.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
How about IBM stripes? That would be subtle...

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'm with PJ. Unless it comes from the factory (or as an option), I think they're ghey! :D

Sorry! You have all that surface area to make shine and you want to mess it up with a vinyl stripe?!?!

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
It's your car... do as your please! No pink stripes though! :secret:

·
Registered
209 Posts
fender stripes like the 70 judge!!!! goats DID have stripes, just not the ones you were thinking about.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Somewhere around were pictures of a red Monaro with silver stripes, I thought that looked pretty trick.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts