LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when you shut the car off and the key is still in the ignition the radio is still on till you take the key out, but if at any time my door is open i could turn the radio on without putting the key in the ignition, is this a problem or is it normal

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I believe the way it works is that you can listen to the radio for an hour without the key in the ignition. I think that's in the user manual.

·
LS1/DC5/EM2
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phobos512 said:
I believe the way it works is that you can listen to the radio for an hour without the key in the ignition. I think that's in the user manual.
thanks i gotta read the manual

·
KBAS
221 Posts
The manual is full of all kinds of crazy ****... did you get to the part that says the car wil say when to change the oil AND how to reset it... I change it earlier, but still a cool feature.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
it is a feature, the windows will work for 15 mins after you shut the car down and the radio for an hour.... its all in the manual..... just read it!

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
its already there, it goes by engine reveloutions and not miles, so you wount see the light come on till about 7k miles, give or take depending on how you drive, but there is a reset button in the fuse box to reset it, so its not really an option to turn on, but most of us change oil way before the light comes on so we rarely see it!

·
Step into the Torque
190 Posts
Yes, I know I could simply go get the manual, but it's raining outside right now and I'm being lazy. ;)

You can download an owners manual from www.mygmlink.com. The ultimate lazy man's manual, with the ability to use the search function instead of flipping pages.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
The radio will play at anytime you push it on. It doesn't even need a key to to turn the ignition on, then off to play. Try it the next time you get into your car and before you put the key in. Just press on, thats all. Some of you ppl should play around in your car and check out all the cool things it will do. Some things the manual doesn't even mention. Just a thought...:)

ROK

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
its already there, it goes by engine reveloutions and not miles, so you wount see the light come on till about 7k miles, give or take depending on how you drive, but there is a reset button in the fuse box to reset it, so its not really an option to turn on, but most of us change oil way before the light comes on so we rarely see it!
Sorry but to reset the oil light you need to turn key on push throttle to floor twice within 5 seconds and it will reset :cool:

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
my bad... i was just assuming that the oil reset was just like the other gm cars with the button, hey good to know, thanks!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
No, it mimicks the trucks. The trucks you turn the key on, depress the throttle 3 times, and turn off.

It's GM cars that are difficult sometimes. For instance on our '03 Monte Carlo, I have to reset it through the stereo. :eek:

Sorry, by the time that light comes on, I've changed my oil at least 3 times.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Yeah my light came on a couple of days ago for the first time. I have change oil 4 times already (at dealer). Obviousy the dealer doesn't know the secret code for resetting yet.

:drink::drink:

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
On C5 Corvettes, to reset the oil life gauge you turn the key on and push the accelerator to the floor three times. Even if you change the oil often you will still have to reset the oil life monitor eventually because just the process of changing the oil doesn't reset the monitor. Also, on the C5c all electrical accessories will function for about 30 mins after you shut the car off if you pull the key or not. When you open the door to exit everything witll shut down . I would imagine both cars would function similarly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts