LS1GTO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
2 entries for LB Racing this year

Monaro/GTO is a great rally car platform... I'll be returning for my 3rd year and look forward to seeing your ride at the starting line.

Yes, quite memorable for the children at day 2's final check point... Camp Sunshine.... which might 1 up team Canada's 2011 Rally Appalachia's GTO;

Sasha & I are bringing separate entries this year. I'm bringing my 06 and I think Sasha is gonna drive a war wagon rally support vehicle. We started our own transportation company months ago and Sasha wants to bring the truck....

If you or others have spare parts, tools, equipment, you want for the trip but want it out of your entry let us know, we'll have space for rent.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
This is scarey..... I actually have a solid co-driver set up this year. Lovely young lady named Liz. The team name is Team Mountaineer38 and the car number is 138 (may change to 38-1 if/when the chief isn't looking)......

·
Family Wagon of Fun
9,049 Posts
I'm in talks with a company about a wrap for the caddy.

:judge:

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
This is scarey..... I actually have a solid co-driver set up this year. Lovely young lady named Liz. The team name is Team Mountaineer38 and the car number is 138 (may change to 38-1 if/when the chief isn't looking)......
The relevant participants can maybe do an encore pass through CT, a year later, to visit Puerc and hit up the Maury show en masse to find out who the Daddy is.

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
Looks like a plan is beginning to form on the RNA forum for those travelling up on Sunday to meet and roll as a larger group to the hotel in Ithaca.

One of the stang crew proposed rolling up RT15 and gathering in Williamsport PA about 100 miles out from the Glen at a place called "Haywood's on the Water". From the "Haywood" web site and FB page it looks like they've hosted car shows and several charity events.

Its too early to pin point a time frame but could be looking at somewhere in the ball park of between noon and 2pm that Sunday. Post up if your interested.

·
Administrator
9,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Is there a prescribed route you guys are taking from stop to stop? I'm trying to figure out where I can best meet up with the group at some point.

·
Bmore Goat
4,677 Posts
Is there a prescribed route you guys are taking from stop to stop? I'm trying to figure out where I can best meet up with the group at some point.
I have a friend from NH planning to do the same thing.... the route check points are unknown until we receive the clue card at the starting line each day before individually taking off... the best I can provide is the known starting point, finish line, track and hotel we will hit each day.

7/22 Pre-Rally: Drivers meeting and laps around Watkins Glen
Hotel poolside party: Best Western University Inn Ithaca NY

7/23 Itinerary for day 1:
Starting line: Ithaca Commons - Downtown Ithaca NY
Finish Line: South Station Restaurant - Rutland VT
Hotel poolside party: Best Western Plus Inn & Suites Rutland/Killington

7/24 Itinerary for Day 2:
Starting Line: Center Street, Rutland VT
Laps at: Devils Bowl Speedway, West Haven VT
Finish Line: Camp Sunshine, Casco, ME
Rally Car Show: Club Texas, Auburn ME
Hotel poolside party: Hilton Garden Inn Auburn ME

7/25 Itinerary for Day 3:
Starting Line: Lewiston ME
Passes on the dragstrip at: Oxford Dragway, Oxford ME
Finish Line: Market Square Board Walk - Saint John - New Brunswick Canada
Hotel: The Hilton in Saint John

·
Turkeyhawk
832 Posts
Hate to have to re-new my passport and then not end up going and waste the money since I have no immediate or planned Int'l travel scheduled. The whole ending up in Canada thing for me is what's holding me back. I need to look into it, not even sure what it costs...my co-driver is maybe more excited than I am, so there's that...

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
it isn't expensive to renew your passport, just do it

:)

·
Turkeyhawk
832 Posts
It was a different team, and that person alerted me to a certain GTO team dropping out, which may or may not be the rattle trap you mentioned?

·
Turkeyhawk
832 Posts
It wasn't a GTO Team, it was another Mustang team that won't have enough time to get the car ready. He told me through the grapevine that perhaps a GTO team would be dropping out. I have no more knowledge of it than that.

·
Almost Stock
461 Posts
It wasn't a GTO Team, it was another Mustang team that won't have enough time to get the car ready. He told me through the grapevine that perhaps a GTO team would be dropping out. I have no more knowledge of it than that.
Wonder who it could be? Congrats you made it in, maybe you can join the rest of us on the ride up.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts