LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to Milan tonight, the track was crowded even though it was a private track day. i was only able to run 4 times, with just 30 min cool down. waiting on line was a pain in the neck, and so was my traction as well.

1st run was [email protected] with a 2.14 60'
2rd run was [email protected], missed 4th gear
3rd run was [email protected] with 2.001 60'
4th run was [email protected] with a 2.09 60'

i'm having troubles shifting into 4th gear, and i'm killing my et and traps because of this. car won't shift as easy as 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd, is just extremely hard to shift from 3rd to 4th. i hope a new shifter would cure this problem. i'll change the transmission oil since i'll be installing the new shifter.
i'll also step up to a 275 tire, more likely nitto 275's since i don't want to roll the fenders up.

weather was great, but i couldn't get the best out of my car tonight :bomb:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Your car sounds mean as hell the the LT's and new cam, I think you can go a lot faster with your current set-up - 12.4's?

·
Project AIRWOLF has started!
679 Posts
Car looked and sounded great man! There was a TON of people there last night - to bad we didnt line up - maybe in October!

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, i need to work a lot with my traction, i also have another problem, my rear wheel studs on both sides.
i was having problems yesterday night trying to get the stock wheels back after taking out the dr's. i was trying to find out why, and then i saw 2 or 3 wheel studs that were twisted ???, on both sides.
how in the heck did i do that ???, are they hard to replace ???

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
don't know if you're already doing this or if this is your problem but on the 3-4 shift try turning your hand upside-down (your thumb pointing down) when you pull back. if you have your hand in the "normal" position you have a tendency to pull slightly back towards your body and will miss the shift. it works every time for me.

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was working before, but it gets bad when the transmission/clutch is hot, usually after the first run, 2nd run i know i won't able to shift as fast as i wanted, if i'm able to shift.... so, is either a miss shift or not able to get the shifter out of 3rd unless i step out of the gas.

i'll try replacing the transmission/clutch oil, i've been reading about it, and i think doing so would fix my shifting issue.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Try the driver-mod!

Just joking...good times..you need a GMM Shifter...Speed Inc has a special going on now, and some slicks.

;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
COBGTO said:
Try the driver-mod!

Just joking...good times..you need a GMM Shifter...Speed Inc has a special going on now, and some slicks.

;)
It is not the driver or the shifter. He has been able to shift into 4th on dozens of previous 1320 passes. It is something that has recently began with his drivetrain. Clutch or trannny. Hope you get it fixed, I want to race you with no excuses on the 5th.

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
working on it John :thumbs:, but i don't think i would be ready for oct 5 :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was having traction issues there as well, couldnt do better than 2.1 60', although I was on 18" rims with street tires...

as far as your shifting problem, sounds like it could be worn synchros. Not sure about GM stuff but thats a common problem with the Tremec's in the Mustangs.

The shifter may help as well, I used to have a hell of a time with 2-3 shift until I installed an aftermarket shifter.

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John, i'll be mailing the check today, and figure it out who would be changing the trans/clutch fluids. i'll also order the ARP wheel studs today.

·
My most expensive mod ever
2,502 Posts
Take out the manual and put in a auto and make it easy like those other guys! LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts