LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got my wish today during a Mustang club track rental day @ Mason Dixon Raceway in Hagerstown.
Track gets rented once a month by the Northern Virginia Mustang Club,
but up to 5 non-fords are allowed to come - usually friends/relatives of Mustang or other Ford owners.

I'd heard the GTO was coming a few days ago, but it sounded iffy if he was going to make it & he claimed to be "completely stock".

Contrary to the owners (joking) claims, the GTO had quite a few mods, the biggest being a polished supercharger.
Car was an auto & was built by LPE - it also had exhaust/cold-air kit/etc. I never did get the full list of mods though.

Any guesses as to what the GTO ran?

Any guesses who won when we ran against each other? :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
an LPE Goat? we have a member with an LPE goat. i wonder if its the same guy.

so can we have the numbers? or do you want us to guess?

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Well It don't seem like your the type of guy to admit defeat so theres your answer

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Since you want every one to guess, I'll guess it didn't ET well. Probably [email protected] Traction limited but showing some power.

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll give you all a little hint:

My slowest run of the day was quicker than his fastest run of the day... :p

·
Registered
835 Posts
Angus said:

he couldn't beat a 12.85 with a super charger? must have something wrong. :sneaky:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I'm more than up for a little friendly competition and Mustang guys coming on our forum to goad us a bit. It's all fun.

But this guess-guess and hint-hint stuff is just trolling. If I were a moderator, you'd be gone, Angus.

Just post the damn times - include also the density altitude, traction and other conditions.

Padre

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Well see Angus keeps claiming that he's running WAY faster times than that time in his sig, and yet he never bothers to update it...Personally, I don't believe the time in his sig, or anything that he's saying on this forum, until I see scans/photos of slips or photos of the sign at the end of the track with the vehicles clearly visible. I think he's full of s**t myself but again that's just me. Next it'll be "I beat a Hayabusa" or "My slowest run of the day was faster than that Enzo's fastest!" or some other such crap.

If you have something to contribute other than "GTOs are big and fat and slow and crappy" then do so. Otherwise get the f*** off our board. :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
PadreGTO said:
I'm more than up for a little friendly competition and Mustang guys coming on our forum to goad us a bit. It's all fun.

But this guess-guess and hint-hint stuff is just trolling. If I were a moderator, you'd be gone, Angus.

Just post the damn times - include also the density altitude, traction and other conditions.

Padre
i know, what is with all the of "guess' and "lets just say......" crap. just post your stinkin times. either you have the time slips to prove what you are running, or you are lying.

as the old saying goes
"$hit or get off the pot"

·
8,959 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
i know, what is with all the of "guess' and "lets just say......" crap. just post your stinkin times. either you have the time slips to prove what you are running, or you are lying.
Really. My guess is that this was our GTO-bro's first trip to the track after the S/C and he was running street tires and couldn't launch or hook-up.

Just post the times Angus, else I'll have to come up there and preach my sermon on humility. :)

Padre

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Really. My guess is that this was our GTO-bro's first trip to the track after the S/C and he was running street tires and couldn't launch or hook-up.

Just post the times Angus, else I'll have to come up there and preach my sermon on humility. :)

Padre
It is just as possible that the GTO hadn't even been tuned yet or that Angus is flat out lying. :)

·
8,959 Posts
phobos512 said:
It is just as possible that the GTO hadn't even been tuned yet or that Angus is flat out lying. :)
Well, I imagine LPE wouldn't let a car out of the shop without tuning. So we're left with a fellow on street tires still learning his car, or Angus is running much better times than his sig, or Angus left the "g" out of his name for this post. :)

Padre

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
List this thread is getting ridiculous......this is not 2nd grade.....guess this or that......
U R ANUS just post the fricking slips

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
here is a quote from Mr Anus himself

"A race between an LS1 F-body & a Mach 1 would be a toss-up if both cars are stock.
I'm not sure where you get that the LS1 cars are "quicker and faster."

ahh the stuff just gets better

Angus said:
Looks nice inside & out, but since it weighs ~ 3725 lbs, it's kinda fat for my tastes...

I don't like the FAKE DOHC plastic valve covers either... :notnice:

I can't wait to run into one on the street. :D

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Angus said:

You must have alot of time on your hands if your babling on a GTO site, why don't go after some bigger game on LS1tech.com and see yourself belittled by WS6s and C5s running 12.8 stock :gr_jest:

why don't post a pic or a timeslip, until then you have no credibility.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.