LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got Torque?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got there late and only got one time trial in and was elimantied the first round

1st run I spun 1st 2nd 3rd and only ran a 16.76 in the 1/4 allmost got beat by a 80's buick lol

my second run i let out some air presure of the rear tires and warmed them up :) great 60ft time of 1.8 but missed 3rd and 4th gear only got 15.47 I will be going back there this wesnday to get some pass's made (test and tune night) driving on the street and the strip is like driving on two complety differnt things and hopefully get it down into the low 14's maybe lower :)

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Wow, not used to the M6 yet eh ?

·
Got Torque?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes yes I spun so bad 1st thru 3rd going sideways lol only took of at 2500rpm
after letting some air presure out of the tires and warming them up I had a good run going 1.8 in the 60ft (power shifting) put I missed the 2nd to 3rd and the 3rd to 4th shift which made me lose a considerable amount off of my et. I only got those two runs in that night as i got there to late to make anthor pass but i will be back next week to get a whole lot of runs in to i get the m6 down on the track (I drive it good on the street but the strip is much more slicker then the street....) well let you know next week how it goes

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
that is alot of wheelspin to be having. try not banging the gears out. when you have a powerful car you don't have to drive the car as hard. based on what you are saying, by spinning gears in 1st , 2nd , and 3rd you are popping the clutch. You also said you were missing gears as well. Just try and focus on getting the car into each gear before powershifting yourself into a wheel spinning 15 and 16 sec 1/4 mi times.

It sounds like you definately know how to launch the car if you were able to cut a 1.8 60' time. I eased off the line and gently rowed my way through the gears and the car still spun pretty badly in 2nd but not 3rd.

·
Registered
835 Posts
If only we could combine our runs, I can't get better than 2.3 60' but I managed 13.8 at 103 mph. Cut that down to a 1.8 60 and I'd be at 13.3 (very respectable indeed).

·
Got Torque?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes im hoping I will get a way better et this week after I get a few runs in :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
At least you made Warren feel better. Keep Practicing!!
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
61 Posts
1.8 60 ft?!!!!

Nycro said:
great 60ft time of 1.8
At what rpm did you launch your car?

What was your tire preassure?

Congrats on the 60 ft. Fastest 60 I've seen yet on a factory radial. Very impressive :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
KDWS is great tire but not sticky and never will get sticky. Pulling a 1.8 is sweet on those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts