Discussion Starter #1

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
You'll gain a little bit, but not as much do to the restrictive tubing size in the cat-back. F-Body's except for the flat portion of the Y-Pipe under the driver's side of the car, have larger tubing.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Yep. I had identical Monza catbacks on 2 different 2.0L Probes. The current one has a header and RT cat. Made all the difference in the world. I can now get rubber from a 10 MPH roll. Sound is quite a bit more aggressive but very raspy at WOT. I've been told it's the cheapo Monza muffler, but the OEM manifold and cat(s) didn't flow enough to bring out the worst in the muffler. Moral of the story, everything has to work in concert.

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
imo those things blow, you will need to replace them every 1.5 years cause they fall apart inside. I know had 3 sets on my sold camaro.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Shinzon said:
imo those things blow, you will need to replace them every 1.5 years cause they fall apart inside. I know had 3 sets on my sold camaro.
WELL SAID! The pieces of the cat will end up lodged in your cat back as the Cat breaks down. Then you get that really nice Rattle and the restriction from those pieces in you pipes. I'd steer clear. There is nothing wrong with the stock cats, so if you NEED cats keep the stockers. Otherwise get a Offroad Pipe!

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I've burned up 3 stock cats in my Dakota, they last @ 15,000 miles. The only advantage to them being stock is the 8/80 warenty on all stock cats via a fed mandate. Dodge keeps putting them on..

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
Shinzon said:
is it that the company is no good or just high flow cats in general??? can/should you use stock cats with LTs and a catback????

·
Slave to the Mod Gods!!
555 Posts
I had the same issue of them falling apart after about 5000 miles. I just removed them and installed the offroad pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts