LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GTO Owner since 8/31/06
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a rattle under my steering column. Sounds like ticking. It is intermittient, but seems to intesify when I am bearing right. I took it to the dealer and a technician rode with me, but he could not hear it. Got about 1k miles on the car. Anybody experiencing this?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yea we got the steering column rattle but it sounds like it's coming directly from that plastic shield behind the steering wheel. Fiance is too lazy to bring it to the dealers attention so he usually just hits it and it goes away for a little while...lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah, I have one too, sounds like it is coming from behind the cluster.

·
Hold on, we're goin for broke
1,499 Posts
I have one when I turn the wheel, its like a clicking, catching sound. I just live with it because I hate the dealership. I took my car in last week for a alinment job and left with a torn shifter boot.

·
GTO Owner since 8/31/06
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gm4life said:
I have one when I turn the wheel, its like a clicking, catching sound. I just live with it because I hate the dealership. I took my car in last week for a alinment job and left with a torn shifter boot.
I always do a walk around whenever I leave my car. so thre can be no if, and or buts about who messed it up.

·
1,499 Posts
buckss said:
I always do a walk around whenever I leave my car. so thre can be no if, and or buts about who messed it up.

I did do that. Before I started the car I found it, brough it to the guys attention and got them to order a new one.

·
GTO Owner since 8/31/06
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gm4life said:
I did do that. Before I started the car I found it, brough it to the guys attention and got them to order a new one.

Good. You got to watch these folks every step of the way. I see you are at Edwards. I went to the strip in Palmdale last night. No Goats running at all. Infact I had the only one in the parking lot. Do you ever go to that strip?

·
1,499 Posts
buckss said:
Good. You got to watch these folks every step of the way. I see you are at Edwards. I went to the strip in Palmdale last night. No Goats running at all. Infact I had the only one in the parking lot. Do you ever go to that strip?

Yeah I've been there many times, never ran the car there before. Just spectate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, sort of a very light, high-pitched ticking sound. Mine was really bad on hot days? Adjusting the steering column helped.

·
not an ordinary rabbit
1,154 Posts
I just had to fix my shifter boot the rubber rings were kinked.. kept popping out of third... damn pontiac garage.. when they tore my center console up they messed with the gear box...sigh

·
Registered
104 Posts
buckss said:
I've got a rattle under my steering column. Sounds like ticking. It is intermittient, but seems to intesify when I am bearing right. I took it to the dealer and a technician rode with me, but he could not hear it. Got about 1k miles on the car. Anybody experiencing this?

Yep, I got a noise behind the dash somewhere, off to the left. Comes and goes for no reason. Sounds like the harness rubbing on something. Can't reproduce it standing still though.
That and the shift knob cracking just piss me off. Other than that the car is good.
This one seat of the pants is much quicker then the other 2.
Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts