LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else here hear a rattling or noise from a door or doors when the stereo is up to about 40-50? I hear something coming from my driver door when the stereo is pumped up. Just wondering if this is comon.

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Damn, isn't that a little loud? The only time I ever notice a rattle is when there's a song with alot of bass but it seems to come from behind me somewhere.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GT086 said:
Damn, isn't that a little loud? The only time I ever notice a rattle is when there's a song with alot of bass but it seems to come from behind me somewhere.
I like it loud:) But it def comes from my driver door when the bass hits hard.

·
302 6.0 LS2
261 Posts
I dont get it from music, but i do get rattles after installing my SLP LM1 exhaust, I have a feeling it's gonna sound like an old Dumptruck when I get around to Headers/Heads/Cam, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
If it's coming from behind you, license plate rattle FTL...

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
GT086 said:
Actually Roberto, my third brake light (in the rear window) would rattle on certain bass frequencies... I removed it and placed a few strategic drops of RTV silicone on it, not too much so I can still remove it in the future, and the buzz is gone!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone with my specific problem?

·
god of the sea people
229 Posts
damn, it goes that high? ive never had it past like 36.. i thought it was ear piercing at 36. you kids today... in all my 23 years ive never seen such crazy kids. i guess hank williams doesn't need to be that loud....
my guess is a blown speaker if you have it at 50 all the time...

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
I dunno but even at like 20 if the song has decent bass mine sounds like a sub in the back is clapping together... really friggin annoying and I never even use the stereo... let alone turn it up loud

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
My system is barely audible under 20. I can put it up to max (63) and while its loud not be in fear of blowing out a speaker.

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
Yep, been there done that. I just think that the whole system needs to be replaced. Now I just have to decide on single or double din.

·
Riding Goats since 2004
162 Posts
Double DIN is the way to go...IMO You have Kenwood, Pioneer and Eclipse models to choose from with tons of features and touch screen models.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Change the speakers/subwoofers out first before replacing the HU... makes a dramatic difference in sound clarity and quality. Also, throw a little Dynamat-like material in your car while you've got the back seats/side panels out... will make a huge difference in rattles/road noise...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had rattles that only buzzed when the bass hits hard. I tool out crap, like pencils, pens and coins from the door trays. That solved a few, then I found the rattles in the rear came from the seat belt metal hitting the sides of the car. I adjusted the belt away from the walls and no more rattles.

·
goat lover
212 Posts
i get a slight rattle from my doorlock occasionaly. next time it's doing it, lock your door. that fixes mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a full system, but actually pretty few rattles, and only when she's up really loud. The one that you might be talking about is a higher pitched rattle from the doors. I'm pretty sure this is from the linkage bars that connect the door handles to the latches. I only notice this rattle when it's up loud at about a 100-300 Hz tone.

The next is a low frequency rattle from the rear deck which is the carpeting for the deck rattling up and down against the actual metal deck that it sits on top of. This is only at loud volumes at about 30 Hz.

The last one can't even be heard inside the car, but it's the wires for the third brakelight inside the spoiler rattling around. It's pretty much there all the time, but is super quiet.

Hope this helps a little. I would offer suggestions on how to fix them, but they are so rare in my regular listening, that I haven't wanted to deal with taking the door panels back apart, nor the rear deck for that matter.

Peace,

Snowman

·
Registered
456 Posts
RedDragon said:
My system is barely audible under 20. I can put it up to max (63) and while its loud not be in fear of blowing out a speaker.
I think someone needs their hearing checked. And you are way past the point of pumping distortion to your speakers if your volume is at 63.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Vegeto6.0 said:
Does anyone else here hear a rattling or noise from a door or doors when the stereo is up to about 40-50? I hear something coming from my driver door when the stereo is pumped up. Just wondering if this is comon.
Find a system tuning CD that has a sine sweep, run it in your car, and you'll easily find all the rattles. It's much harder to tell what's rattling when you're playing music.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts