LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow GTO lovers.

After all these years it's finally happened. I finally have a muscle car to call my own. I picked her up last Thursday and am still impressed by the way she drives and handles. I opted for the A4 only because I couldn't bear the thought of my wife learning to shift (grind) :banghead: the M6. I do miss the fun the M6 would have brought, but am also grateful I won't be changing tires quite as often.

Now for the techno stuff. Would I see a noticable increase in performance if I added a K&N Aircharger and possibly plugs and wires? I'd love to go the magna charger route but I don't think my lease agreement would allow it. If I decide to buy at lease end, I'll be considering it then. Hopefully the cost will come down by that time.

So if you happen to see an Impulse Blue GTO in the Ravenna/Mantua area, give a honk and say hello.

Jim

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nice! Great color choice. The hard part is breaking it in gently. Can't wait to get over 1000 myself.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Another Impulse Blue in Michigan!!! WOOOOHOOO!!! eventually we will take over the world.. hehehehe Welcome to the fun!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BowdawG said:
Another Impulse Blue in Michigan!!! WOOOOHOOO!!! eventually we will take over the world.. hehehehe Welcome to the fun!
Michigan? Sorry, I'm in the Cleveland/Akron area of Ohio. But who knows, maybe I'll take a road trip up there sometime.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
jimzman said:
I'm in the Cleveland/Akron area of Ohio.
Welcome to the neighborhood, be sure to check this forum for our meet and greats. I'm usually the guy stuck organizing them :D

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Doh... couldv'e sworn your profile on the left said 'michigan'... oh well, enjoy the GTO!!

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
A bit late - but welcome.
You can read around - but there is much debate about the intake and what helps and hurts in changes. In general, it seems any flow benefits by switching to a K&N are offset by the loss of the stock 'air box' insulating the airflow from the engine temps. Also keep in mind that if you go with a reusable air filter, be careful about not over-oiling it - as they are seriously on the lookout to use it as an excuse for problems at GM.
Gains from plugs / wires are probably going to be minimal - but it's a quick easy underhood appearance boost - and the aftermarket stuff probably has better overall quality so it's a tossup. I'm waiting to do long tube headers and a smooth intake tube and then maybe new plugs and wires will come next.
Dan

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DANSLS1 said:
A bit late - but there is much debate about the intake and what helps and hurts in changes.
Dan, yeah, i have read many of the opinions on the intake controversy. I'll probably wait until spring to see if anything new develops.

So far I'm real happy with the ride as is. Although, I have been doing a lot of reading on the Predator from RWTD. It'd be worth the $400 to improve the shifting capabilities of the A4. It's nearing time to put her into winter storage so I'm not sure if I'll decide to go the Predator route before spring.

Anyways, it's great to be here and hopefully we'll meet up sometime with others from the board.

Thanks,
Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts