LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't, for the life of me, get the right side peg to clip back into the little clip after removing the glove box. I'm trying to re-install, and can't get it to line up no matter what angle I take... Anyone have any tips on it? Read through some other posts which make it seem like it should just snap in super easy, but for some reason mine doesn't want to... I put the peg in on the left side, and try to wrangle the right side peg to fit in the clip, but no dice.

Would love to hear some advice/tips if anyone wants to share.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is it trying to spin on you? I seem to recall it's just clipped on a rod.
See if you can straighten it up. I'll take a look while I'm in the garage tonight, mine is currently out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it trying to spin on you? I seem to recall it's just clipped on a rod.
See if you can straighten it up. I'll take a look while I'm in the garage tonight, mine is currently out.
The rod in the clip is my issue. Can't get it to line up or something. Not sure if it's best to do it with glove box hanging down all the way or as it sits naturally

·
Wol Gemut
3,407 Posts
difficult to believe the left side is truly inserted cleanly. have you put a flashlight to it? if the left side is correct, the right side just slides/clips in. from memory, it does have to be held in partially open position.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
difficult to believe the left side is truly inserted cleanly. have you put a flashlight to it? if the left side is correct, the right side just slides/clips in.
Left side is the little cylinder which I watch as I put into the slot. I then try to rotate the glovebox to get the rod on the right side the clip in and it just doesn't seem to want to line up correctly...

Even to me it looks like it should work just fine, very simple, but can't get it to go in. Plus once I rotate the glovebox to try to get the rod in the clip, I lose sight of it so I can't really see where it is in relation to the clip.

Wasn't sure if there was a trick or certain order of installation maybe I was doing wrong.

·
Wol Gemut
3,407 Posts
there is no real trick to it, you must just be slightly missing it. I would indeed hold the door at a similar angle to the photo. if it is not at that angle or similar at least, it will not clip on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the confirmation that I wasn't just looking at it wrong. I'll give it another shot before I burn the car to the ground.

Thanks for the input folks.

·
Wol Gemut
3,407 Posts
there are some parts i would like before you burn it, if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Verify the clip is stuck into the metal bar under the dash and not on your glove box. Slide the nub into the hole on the left but not all the way. Pull it back out about 1/16th to an 1/8th a inch and it should line the clip on the right up so you can push it straight on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts