LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my Predetor to the goat today to check out the real time data. Mainly the IAT with the K&N installed and the knock retard to see what's going on with that. The weather around here is mild today. A high of 82 degrees, partly cloudy, and humidity in the 80%.

At idle in my garage with the hood closed the IAT was 129 degrees. The car had been driven a while prior so it was completely warmed up. I decided to go on a 15 minute drive and the IAT got as low as 84 degrees. Most of the time I drove b/t 55 and 75mph and it average b/t 84 and 90 degrees. I cruised around my development at 20 mph and it got as high as 94-95 degrees and when I pulled back in the garage and sat there with the car running for about 3 minutes it got to about 103 degrees before I shut down. How does this compare with other CAIs and the stock box?

Next, the knock retard. The entire trip out I had it show up twice. Once it got to .34 degree which was a low rpm (about 1500rpm with IAT at 91)) 3rd gear stomp on the throttle but I could not get it to replicate after that. The other time was from 1100 rpms in second gear (IAT was about 102 at that time)and a stomp to full throttle and I saw up to 3.00 for a split second then it went to 1.2 then to 0.00 in a blink of an eye.

The only mods I have installed are the K&N Aircharger and the plugs/wires. I still have the factory tune but after a header/RT cat install I will have a dyno tune!

Let me know how that compares to other CAIs and the stock box!

DocGTO

·
Registered
662 Posts
Dude
I think the knock sensors are just a bit iffy on the goats. I know I get it usually when it shifts. Most likely its false knock.

IATs in the 90s is what my SS runs with a K&N so it sounds right. CIA is going to help on the street but sitting in your garage its doing nothing.

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Is your IAT in the stock location? Or is it closer to the filter/better air flow?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
msfyter said:
Is your IAT in the stock location? Or is it closer to the filter/better air flow?
It is similar to the stock location. The K&N Aircharger has a predrilled location for the temp sensor and it is surrounded by a rubber/polypro gasket. Those temps seemed good to me.

Doc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts