LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, allow me to reintroduce myself! names Matt (i guess that was obvious haha). I used to have an 04 BBM M6 and traded it back in 2010 for a ford F250 6.0 Turbodiesel (huge mistake i was warned about and didnt listen to anybody im such an ass). I did that so i could build my 240SX drift car which was awesome. To make a long boring story short I built my 240 and had a blast in it. Fastest car ive owned to date and incredibly nimble. I had it fully caged, knuckles, arms, seats, blah blah blah. I was gonna hopefully try the pro-ams with it (no i dont want to go pro i just have fun competing) but this past event i started hearing some noise from the cylinder head and i just am tired of putting money into a 24 year old car with a 4 cylinder aka it is time for a part out.

BLAM! getting a GTO again. I found one in my price range and is currently being held for me. I have limited space on my property and Cherry Hill NJ PD isnt too fond of extra cars laying around, plus no room in the garage until my 240sx shell is gone.

Anyways the new car is a 2004 QSM M6 with a red interior. The interior is gonna have to go unfortunately, i do love the red leather though :banghead:. The car already has an SLP catback with catless mids, diablosport predator, Aeroforce guages in a gator pod, K&N Intake, Pioneer DVD double din touchscreen, HID's headlights and fogs, brand new BC coilovers in the box never installed and OEM strut Mounts, fresh NGK plugs, and i think there is a couple things i may be forgetting.

My plans are to hear some opinions from you guys about what direction i should be heading. Unlike other forums this one happens to have some really inciteful and intellingent members and im gonna need all the help i can get since ive been out of the game for so long.

Plans so far:

Accusump oil system
Oil Pan Baffles
Long tube headers
Strip car
Rollcage
put my bride drivers seat in and sparco passenger
Hydro Ebrake with secondary rear caliper
steering knuckles (shane whalley maybe you could help with this?)
steering wheel
Trans Rebuild (has problem getting into third gear, has to be eased in)
?????
?????
?????

I want to build this car like a drift car but i want to keep the simple amenities if i can (i.e. speakers, radio, and heat) like i said i LOVE drifting and i may compete this year for fun but i also want to build this car so i can drive it around and have fun with it.

Thanks for reading guys and any input i would be grateful for!

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh btw, before you guys make fun of me for the F250 i wised up and in january last year i bought a 2011 GMC Sierra SLE with a 5.3 and the 6 Speed auto. go easy in me for the Ford decision im fragile! haha.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh and heres some ass backwards stuff.. a video of me drag racing the 240SX three weeks ago and a video of me drifting my GTO back in 2009! haha

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should've just put an LS in the 240.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It would have cost too much money, i was originally planning to do a 1JZ/2JZ or an LS1 but then this popped up and i decided to go this route

Oh steering is slow like you may know. Do you have any plans to make it more responsive besides the knuckles?
hmm i can probably send them to MA Motorsports then since they did my last set, and as far as responsiveness ill probably just be doing the bushings and coil overs for now and seeing how it feels first. the tough part is probably being one of the few pilot cars for this because there just doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the net except for the few builds on here. the way the car used to feel to me is alot like a BMW feels on the drift track which is nice because the extra weight to throw around felt awesome to me actually.

do you guys happen to know if the factory suspension components will allow me to achieve a good amount of negative camber in the front? or will i be modifying those parts as well?

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to see your getting a GTO back in your possession. Was it $ that kept you from getting an 06? Not to rip on 04's, it's always nice to have a bit more power and cabin improvements. It is nice that you're getting the suspension, that's a big bonus!:hail:
well ricky once the car is in my posession ill disclose the amount im paying for it, im getting a really good deal on it, i would love to have an 05-06 though

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice move on the switch from the Ford to the GMC!
haha thanks man i find that im making smarter decisions lately

Roger that! It does seem to have some nice goodies on it though! What color is it?
Never mind, now that I can read I see it's a QSM, nice!!!
Oh, my friend had a Hachi Roku (86) in Okinawa Japan. He had >400 Hp in that little thing. That too was the fastest car I have ever been in. It was scary fast but it was always broken. I used to have a Toyota Aristo JDM model, it was very nice. I'm trying to find a picture to post.
i used to work for Elite JDM (japanese auto part importer) and i got to drive a few awesome cars like that too! whats a riceburner over here happens to be decent over there. they got so much cooler stuff in the cars over there!

Those BC coilovers are crap. You should just send them to me and save yourself the heartache. I'll dispose of them properly (in my car). :wall:

Congrats on the good find!
hahahahaha i had the BC's on my 240SX and i LOVED them. some people said the dampening adjustment made no difference. i feel like there was definitely a great difference. on full hard i would pee blood when i pulled over, on full soft it rode like stock

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha yeah hes competed against some of my friends, shane whalley is his name i believe and yeah i was going to try to get a hold of him when i got my car i just dont wanna sound like such a fan boy haha

your aristo looked good man! we brough a ton of those back from japan, those, soarers, and chasers, we even had an uncut toyota mark II which i had the pleasure of drifting at a PA event. heres the link (there was a few people driving that car that day)

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really? Drifting a perfectly good gto?
Different stroke for different folks I guess
This guy is not an advocate of fun. It's all good though he's right to each their own.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Lots of people drift the crap out of cars that suck at drifting. Just because it doesn't excel out of the box, doesn't mean it cant be good at it.

I would of kept the 240 IMO, sounds like it was already setup. With the money you have planned to spend on mods for the GTO, you could buy a dozen KA motors and a turbo kit.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lots of people drift the crap out of cars that suck at drifting. Just because it doesn't excel out of the box, doesn't mean it cant be good at it.

I would of kept the 240 IMO, sounds like it was already setup. With the money you have planned to spend on mods for the GTO, you could buy a dozen KA motors and a turbo kit.
The 240 was perfect honestly, I wish I had the money to keep it. My problem with the car was as reliable as a setup as I could possibly run I always found myself dumping anywhere from 200-1500 in it between events not including tires and event fees, fuel, tow vehicle, tolls, etc. the sport is already very expensive. Plus I want a car I can drive on the street as well as on the track. I could be wrong about not having to spend this much on the GTO but the whole point of this is that whether or not my old gto was a great drift car and whether or not it was reliable it made me happier to drive than anything I've owned yet. That is the significance of this build.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh and as far as money in mods trust me it's not as cheap as you think Once you make it a full track car

·
Registered
285 Posts
Good luck on your endeavour. There are only a handful of people I know still drifting their goats. I just recently had a drift day Sunday and I can't wait for the next. If you have any questions I can help with let them fly, I'm sure Shane and Mark would be glad to help also.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good luck on your endeavour. There are only a handful of people I know still drifting their goats. I just recently had a drift day Sunday and I can't wait for the next. If you have any questions I can help with let them fly, I'm sure Shane and Mark would be glad to help also.
absolutely man thank you so much! its getting close to me picking up this car (hopefully next week) so i should be getting right into it, it has a red interior which i was wondering if anyone knew what that was worth?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts