·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Was your previous GTO the beat up one I saw outside a Pepboys every time I stopped by there?
yeah got hit in the right rear quarter panel, that was me!

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
Glad to see your back in a GTO. i always wondered where the hell you went. Never seen you out in any drift events.

With BC and our camber adjustment on the knuckles youll get plenty of camber to play with.

i think you can get 500 easy for the entire interior if its in good shape. Mine is completely gutted and run one bride seat.

If you get MA to make you knuckles youll need different rims or spacers and run some camber.

240sxmotoring is building my cage next week. MA is slightly expensive

I have a Nardi wheel with GForce adapter and Eric has a DRIVEN wheel with Gforce adapter.

I have a welded spooled diff and i hate it but it works for now till i decide to dish out 2 grand on gears and a KAAZ

Mark

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
Good luck on your endeavour. There are only a handful of people I know still drifting their goats. I just recently had a drift day Sunday and I can't wait for the next. If you have any questions I can help with let them fly, I'm sure Shane and Mark would be glad to help also.
stop being :goghey:and post up pics. Your Instagram video was great.

more pics of rocket bunny too :pimp:

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
stop being :goghey:and post up pics. Your Instagram video was great.

more pics of rocket bunny too :pimp:
yoooo!!! im glad you saw this man i saw your car at clubloose and it gave me the chills because ive missed my GTO soooooo much. and thanks on the video, i only have a few pics on my cell phone, hopefully my chassis, turbo setup, and SR long block all sell today which would put me at well over what i need to go get her tomorrow plus tons of mod money to get her started. we'll have to get in contact somehow ill PM you.

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
yoooo!!! im glad you saw this man i saw your car at clubloose and it gave me the chills because ive missed my GTO soooooo much. and thanks on the video, i only have a few pics on my cell phone, hopefully my chassis, turbo setup, and SR long block all sell today which would put me at well over what i need to go get her tomorrow plus tons of mod money to get her started. we'll have to get in contact somehow ill PM you.
i always though there are two other GTOs drifting... wtf, where are they ?!?!?

i have tons of parts in my garage from both my GTOs if you ever need a part/gasket last min. Hurry up and get it already.

ima have a twin at clubloose this season :)

text me if anything
917 326 9646

·
Registered
486 Posts
Good luck with the build, hopefully I'll see you around NJ sometime. You ever check out the meets in central nj that Kenny Cano and the whole Los goonies crew throw?

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Good luck with the build, hopefully I'll see you around NJ sometime. You ever check out the meets in central nj that Kenny Cano and the whole Los goonies crew throw?
i dont usually since im from south jersey but ive known kenny since 09 when i started. awesome guys he even threw me in his last video "we are the goons"! im sure you'll see me though this will be a much more streetable car than the 240

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i always though there are two other GTOs drifting... wtf, where are they ?!?!?

i have tons of parts in my garage from both my GTOs if you ever need a part/gasket last min. Hurry up and get it already.

ima have a twin at clubloose this season :)

text me if anything
917 326 9646
yessss twinning it up this season! i cant wait man! im so excited to be back in a GTO.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
sweet, picked up the car 4 days ago and here are the details and what it came with

2004 LS1 QSM M6 Red interior 80K miles
-SLP Loudmouth 1 Catback
-a poorly done cat delete
-Diablosport Handheld Tuner
-CXRacing Coilovers brand new in box never installed
-Whiteline Strut Mounts
-OEM Strut mount bearings
-Banshee Guage pod with Aeroforce Interceptor and Autometer ProComp A/F Gauge
-Pioneer Double Din touchscreen head unit
-K&N Intake

I'll post pics as soon as i can upload them from my phone to imgur

I picked this car up for $6,000 and was told the 2 major problems was the trans grinding into 3rd and the front right strut mount was obliterated.

Its not in terrible shape at all, the trans is going to need a rebuild as it grinds going into 3rd gear (maybe a synchro?) The car came with a bunch of plastidip on it, the previous owner at one point had plastidipped the ENTIRE car. he left the sideskirts dipped and the lip on the rear bumper dipped, after 3 Hours i managed to get that all off. the trunk and the roof are still plastidipped but im not in a huge hurry to remove that.

The next step i took was to start installing the coilovers, the front right strut bushing was completely blown apart to the point where the actual strut mount hole (on the tower) was juuuuuuuuuust beginning to oval out. I dont know much about how the CXRacing coilovers are going to perform but they have a 7k/9k spring rate which makes me happy. BC's come with 8k and 6k which i feel are too soft and the upgrade to 8k/10k i had on my S13 was extremely stiff, i'm pretty excited to give them a shot though. I havent installed the rears yet because the coilovers do not come with shock mount bushings and i didnt want to put them in there with the originals at 80k miles.

What i would like to do next is have the trans repaired and upgraded (any recommendations on a trans shop in the south jersey area?), replace the wobble stick factory driveshaft with a one piece and probably go with an LS7 clutch/flywheel. while im down there and the car is off insurance i want to do some longtubes and catless mids as well. I'll probably be going with the cheap alternative OBX Ebay headers on that. Reason for that is i spent two hours trying to find the advantage to spending 1000+ on headers versus 505 shipped. If i were going for raw drag racing performance the extra 2 or 3 hp i might pick up from the crazy expensive headers might be worth it. Maybe someone can sway my opinion on that but so far thats where i stand. I also want to install an accusump oiling system to keep the engine safe. From what i hear the LS1 prefers straight lines to horizontal ones.

The soon the be plans for the car are to do a hydro e-brake setup, remove the interior, roll cage, put my bride seat and sparco seat in, change the steering wheel out and remove the airbags, modify the knuckles and control arms for camber and angle.

I'd love to hear any and all advice from fellow GTO owners as the few guys here that have the vehicles modified for drifting, i could use all the help i can get you guys are the pioneers for this because you are the only ones doing it. Thanks for reasing guys ill hopefully post pics later today!

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
sweet, picked up the car 4 days ago and here are the details and what it came with

2004 LS1 QSM M6 Red interior 80K miles
-SLP Loudmouth 1 Catback
-a poorly done cat delete
-Diablosport Handheld Tuner
-CXRacing Coilovers brand new in box never installed
-Whiteline Strut Mounts
-OEM Strut mount bearings
-Banshee Guage pod with Aeroforce Interceptor and Autometer ProComp A/F Gauge
-Pioneer Double Din touchscreen head unit
-K&N Intake

I'll post pics as soon as i can upload them from my phone to imgur

I picked this car up for $6,000 and was told the 2 major problems was the trans grinding into 3rd and the front right strut mount was obliterated.

Its not in terrible shape at all, the trans is going to need a rebuild as it grinds going into 3rd gear (maybe a synchro?) The car came with a bunch of plastidip on it, the previous owner at one point had plastidipped the ENTIRE car. he left the sideskirts dipped and the lip on the rear bumper dipped, after 3 Hours i managed to get that all off. the trunk and the roof are still plastidipped but im not in a huge hurry to remove that.

The next step i took was to start installing the coilovers, the front right strut bushing was completely blown apart to the point where the actual strut mount hole (on the tower) was juuuuuuuuuust beginning to oval out. I dont know much about how the CXRacing coilovers are going to perform but they have a 7k/9k spring rate which makes me happy. BC's come with 8k and 6k which i feel are too soft and the upgrade to 8k/10k i had on my S13 was extremely stiff, i'm pretty excited to give them a shot though. I havent installed the rears yet because the coilovers do not come with shock mount bushings and i didnt want to put them in there with the originals at 80k miles.

What i would like to do next is have the trans repaired and upgraded (any recommendations on a trans shop in the south jersey area?), replace the wobble stick factory driveshaft with a one piece and probably go with an LS7 clutch/flywheel. while im down there and the car is off insurance i want to do some longtubes and catless mids as well. I'll probably be going with the cheap alternative I eat my own poo. Ebay headers on that. Reason for that is i spent two hours trying to find the advantage to spending 1000+ on headers versus 505 shipped. If i were going for raw drag racing performance the extra 2 or 3 hp i might pick up from the crazy expensive headers might be worth it. Maybe someone can sway my opinion on that but so far thats where i stand. I also want to install an accusump oiling system to keep the engine safe. From what i hear the LS1 prefers straight lines to horizontal ones.

The soon the be plans for the car are to do a hydro e-brake setup, remove the interior, roll cage, put my bride seat and sparco seat in, change the steering wheel out and remove the airbags, modify the knuckles and control arms for camber and angle.

I'd love to hear any and all advice from fellow GTO owners as the few guys here that have the vehicles modified for drifting, i could use all the help i can get you guys are the pioneers for this because you are the only ones doing it. Thanks for reasing guys ill hopefully post pics later today!
sounds good bro.... ive been having shit for luck lately. i have 4 dead cylinders on my new motor.

just dont forget to get the headers coated or they'll look like shit after the first winter.

http://drivetraindynamics.com/

tell him you know JDMWill and Mark with the GTO that drift. Hes an awesome guy to deal with and hooks drifters up. He did my diff and he's in NJ.

lets get these sluts built.

stay sideways my friend.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
sounds good bro.... ive been having shit for luck lately. i have 4 dead cylinders on my new motor.

just dont forget to get the headers coated or they'll look like shit after the first winter.

http://drivetraindynamics.com/

tell him you know JDMWill and Mark with the GTO that drift. Hes an awesome guy to deal with and hooks drifters up. He did my diff and he's in NJ.

lets get these sluts built.

stay sideways my friend.

hell yeah, and good advice on the coating, i dont know why in the hell that didnt cross my mind considering i left my JBA's uncoated on the last GTO and they went to shit.

I'll be checking out that link you posted as well, im having mixed feelings on my driveshaft now, im thinking about doing these and seeing where it goes from there...
https://www.revshift.com/shop/pontiac/gto/flex-disc-couplers.php

^^ the factory ones were my only real issue with my last GTO, nothing else really. theres a tooling company nearby that makes a really nice balanced 1pc shaft for under 200 if you bring them your original. I really have to explore my options on that.

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
hell yeah, and good advice on the coating, i dont know why in the hell that didnt cross my mind considering i left my JBA's uncoated on the last GTO and they went to shit.

I'll be checking out that link you posted as well, im having mixed feelings on my driveshaft now, im thinking about doing these and seeing where it goes from there...
https://www.revshift.com/shop/pontiac/gto/flex-disc-couplers.php

^^ the factory ones were my only real issue with my last GTO, nothing else really. theres a tooling company nearby that makes a really nice balanced 1pc shaft for under 200 if you bring them your original. I really have to explore my options on that.
how does the center carrier look on your driveshaft ? If its already ripping, i dont think itll hold too long with clutch kicks. $200 is a great price. I have a gforce shaft and so far so good.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'd love to buy a Gforce one they're pretty reasonable, I have to go down to this shop and see what they build for under 200 or if they'd just take my stock one and remove the carrier bearing and make it one piece and balance. I've heard for under 200 they do an ENTIRE thing.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts