LS1GTO Forums banner

which is better for daily driver

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a Trutrac in the car now and its smooth. The powertrax I have not driven. But, both are a Torsen type, also referred to as "worm gear". Each is supposedly good to 700 HP. There are people who have them with more than that. Unfortunately they are both now made overseas . Originally the Trutrac was made here, but now is made in China, while I heard the Powertrax is made in Taiwan. I bought a used Trutrac, so that made the decision for me.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
that could be why you have 55k posts......

someone gonna read this thread 6 months from now and see your post count isn't 55k......its double that...

·
Worthless reject member
55,257 Posts
that could be why you have 55k posts......

someone gonna read this thread 6 months from now and see your post count isn't 55k......its double that...
nah. they used to take the post whore threads once the thread hit 100k posts and then stick then into one of the regional forums so the posts would count. i don't think they do that anymore. but... yeah, that's how mine is that high.

you should check @Sids04's post count...

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
12,977 Posts
poast hoes.

anyway - I'd go truetrac unless the cost is crazy - in that they are probably more QC'd than the other. but that's a gut feel, I drove a true trac many many years ago and I liked it over the stock - on a road course. road atlanta if I recall.

stock if you can get one reasonable.

and at one point I thought you could get another retrofit kit but I forget the name.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
actually, nevermind, i think they put his back to normal. :ROFLMAO:
It's weird, it shows the high post count up by the username but when you click on the profile it says a way lower number. Yours is the opposite, it shows 55k under the username but if you click on the profile it says something like 80k "replies". Idk
Sky Font Electric blue Circle Art

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,841 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Powertrax, but I do like my Eaton Truetrac. One thing I have noticed with the Eaton is the ass end stays more controlled during wheel spin than it ever did with the stock LSD.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
12,977 Posts
I remember Konnie loved his I think he might have had the first one.

had I kept gwendolyn I was going to put a truetrac in upon transmission overhaul or any other driveline update. I drove someone's GTO that had the truetrac but also had some other suspension mods and it was noticeable on power out of a turn. I initially attributed it to their harrop covers vs my diff insert which helps but the truetrac puts down even torque without the "slop reaction" of the disk setup.

G8 was going to get one too at some point but it was only ever raced once.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts