LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Lil Cosmos GTO
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced a side to side, circular motion of the rear end of the car, at idle. Sometimes it is worse than other times, but feels really strange. I have an M-6 tranny and about 1200 miles on the car. Thanks.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Hek yeah, that's your cam. I had the same question awhile back, and the answer
is your cam. Now it's just a reminder that the car is a beast. :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Its called the Wobble. ENJOY IT!!

Bryce Woodall said:
Has anyone else experienced a side to side, circular motion of the rear end of the car, at idle. Sometimes it is worse than other times, but feels really strange. I have an M-6 tranny and about 1200 miles on the car. Thanks.
With all the torque provided by the goat this is a by-product. Enjoy it! Its just a sign of the muscle available.

PS: Female passengers love it akin to a Harley experience.

_DM

·
Lil Cosmos GTO
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I was slightly concerned, as I didnt notice it when I first picked up the car. Maybe things are starting to loosen up a bit.
Go Lil Cosmo GTO!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Really???

dmonty said:
With all the torque provided by the goat this is a by-product. Enjoy it! Its just a sign of the muscle available.

PS: Female passengers love it akin to a Harley experience.

_DM
As a soon to be Blue/Blue M6 owner, who also has a Harley Sporty 1200...this is a added bonus!!! :thumbs:

Cindie

who's plate reads SINDIE

If you live in the Great Lakes area, you may see me in my new GOAT!!! Can ya tell that I am just a little excited??? :bubbrub

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Cindie said:
As a soon to be Blue/Blue M6 owner, who also has a Harley Sporty 1200...this is a added bonus!!! :thumbs:

Cindie

who's plate reads SINDIE

If you live in the Great Lakes area, you may see me in my new GOAT!!! Can ya tell that I am just a little excited??? :bubbrub
Welcome Cindie - Huntress usually gets in first but seeing as it is only 6pm in Australia and nobody in the US should still be awake, I'll do the honors.

Good luck with the car - when do you pick it up ?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Welcome from Cleveland, Cindie. Where's Seville?

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
As stated - it's the cam lope. It reminds me of growing up in the '71 roadrunner w/ the 340 - probably a bit more than that in the GTO but very similiar.
Congrats and welcome cindie.
Dan

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
when i rev my engine and the stick is in neutral i can feel the stick PULL to the right. its kind of cool. reminds me that the car is a beast

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Cindie said:

Cindie

who's plate reads SINDIE

Welcome, Cindie! You should post pics... :eek:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Welcome Cindie and if I forgot anyone else... Welcome to you too.

I just love that " side to side, circular motion" :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am having some repair work done to my 2000 GTP before I trade it in, which should be done this Friday. I am hoping to pick up my new car next week sometime...I will definitely post pics and I am sure ask lots of questions!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Seville is about 30 miles south of Cleveland. I was born and raised in Cleveland, too. I love it in Seville though. Much more slower...and I haven't seen one GTO here...one of the reasons I really want one!!! ;)

p.s. I posted so late last night because I am a bartender, and I stay up to all hours of the night :drink:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Seville is 30 miles south of c town ? Hmm. Cool

:D

I'm representing the west side ;)

As for the shake it is the motor and i think it's pretty cool. I guess you can reduce it some with plug wires and plugs. First time my dad drove the car he thought it was gas sloshing back and forth in the wind. I said hell no it can't be. The motor is all i can come up with. As for why it is random i don't know.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Cindie said:
I am a bartender, and I stay up to all hours of the night :drink:
There's a fellow on this board named Tails, with whom I suggest you do not share that information.:drink::drink::drink:

·
3,327 Posts
Cindie said:
I am having some repair work done to my 2000 GTP before I trade it in, which should be done this Friday. I am hoping to pick up my new car next week sometime...I will definitely post pics and I am sure ask lots of questions!

Thanks for the welcomes!
Welcome Cindie

I take it that you have your car now? I imagine you will be popular around here, if you can put up with us. Just ask Huntress.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Cindie said:
p.s. I posted so late last night because I am a bartender, and I stay up to all hours of the night :drink:
Female, Bartender, GTO......If I weren't in love with my wife I would be going crazy about now.........I mean as opposed to all the other times I go crazy.....
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
392 Posts
When I first felt the Cam Lope, I thought we were having an earthquake.(Calif.) Man it must be a good size for it to sake the GTO like that.... Then I read about the cam and we couldn't have one every day... Cos

·
Registered
59 Posts
Warren said:
Welcome Cindie

I take it that you have your car now? I imagine you will be popular around here, if you can put up with us. Just ask Huntress.
I don't have my car just yet :bs:

It is supposedly on a train en route to be delivered next Tuesday. I am hoping anyways!!!

I love the GTO...although it is going to be hard to part with my GTP...fully loaded, Bose system, heated seat, sunroof, etc...

I love the Bose system in my car so much...and reading up on the GTO's radio isn't very encouraging...maybe I will be able to upgrade it someday. I don't expect to make very many mods anytime soon, the car itself is gonna brake me...

·
2,432 Posts
Cindie said:
I don't have my car just yet :bs:

It is supposedly on a train en route to be delivered next Tuesday. I am hoping anyways!!!

I love the GTO...although it is going to be hard to part with my GTP...fully loaded, Bose system, heated seat, sunroof, etc...

I love the Bose system in my car so much...and reading up on the GTO's radio isn't very encouraging...maybe I will be able to upgrade it someday. I don't expect to make very many mods anytime soon, the car itself is gonna brake me...
I like the GTO's sound system better then the Bose I had in my 03 GTP. A lot better. It's not as nice as the Bose in my SS truck though. I think you will be pleasantly suprised by it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts