LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed my rear maggie belt starting to fray at one of the ends. I cut the little rubber sticking up so it won't catch/hit anything. This sucks, I hope it lasts. I was reading some of the threads in here about the rear belt fraying....guess I am not the only one. Seems like a pain in the ass to change too.

I guess when it breaks, I will just send the blower in and have the belt replaced.....along with Corvette rear pullies:burnout:

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Rolencode GTO said:
I just noticed my rear maggie belt starting to fray at one of the ends. I cut the little rubber sticking up so it won't catch/hit anything. This sucks, I hope it lasts. I was reading some of the threads in here about the rear belt fraying....guess I am not the only one. Seems like a pain in the ass to change too.

I guess when it breaks, I will just send the blower in and have the belt replaced.....along with Corvette rear pullies:burnout:

You should get rid of it and buy a jeep, dude!!:drink:

Hey im a come by tommorrow so you can swiss cheese my air box, man

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phantom06 said:
You should get rid of it and buy a jeep, dude!!:drink:

Hey im a come by tommorrow so you can swiss cheese my air box, man

Don't forget to bring the bread.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
You can replace it while it's on the car. My belt went loose and the shop was able to losen the bolts while it was on the car.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
rear belt shredded

My rear belt just shredded and only 50% is left. Napa doesn't even have a number match for that belt (Gates K080220). Do you guys know where to get one other than from Magnuson? Also, to change it I guess you just loosen that one bolt on the back...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Put a 25 in place of the K and you have a NAPA p/n. 25-080220 in this case. Their belts are made by Gates. I bet it's a special order piece, didn't come up on their website but if it's a Gates you took off they should be able to get you a new one. Just take the old one in with you and find someone that knows what they're doing.
If you have no luck try an O'Reillys or Carquest, they both sell Gates belts. NAPA's just have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You can replace it while it's on the car. My belt went loose and the shop was able to losen the bolts while it was on the car.
You say it got loose? Do you think it was slipping at higher RPM's? I have a theory about an issue that is going on with my my car, and that rear belt is not as tight as it use to be. I'm wondering if it is slipping, even though there is no real tell-tale evidence (like belt dust).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts