LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some new rear springs to fix the sag in the goats ass. I honestly don't want to go lower... Yet. I enjoy the car how it is now( minus the sag)

I'm stuck between the peddlers no drop, and the fe2 springs. Which would you go with and why?

I'm afraid the zero drop springs go are going to make it look too tall in the rear. But also afraid. That over time the fe2 springs are going to sag again.
Ive used the search bar to look a bunch of info up on this. Just looking for personal experiences.

·
Kollar Racing Products
5,584 Posts
All Lovells Springs for a GTO are Currently on Backorder. Late June the earliest. Lovells has a 5 year warranty. Pedders 2. I should have ALL Pedders Springs Available...Ship today. All Lovells REARS are 400 lb. Pedders FE2 is also a 400lb spring. A "0 Drop" is softer at around 350lbs if memory serves me correctly. Lovells are manufactured in Australia with Australian Steel.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I went with the slightly lowered pedders springs. Rides like stock but lowers that wheel well just enough. If you plan on lowering someday might as well replace all stock springs now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with the slightly lowered pedders springs. Rides like stock but lowers that wheel well just enough. If you plan on lowering someday might as well replace all stock springs now.
Dis you do the adjustable control arm bushings as well? I don't race. I just have fun driving the car with some spirited driving every once in a while. I may try to do some track days here and there. But more or less I just drive it like a grandpa lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dis you do the adjustable control arm bushings as well? I don't race. I just have fun driving the car with some spirited driving every once in a while. I may try to do some track days here and there. But more or less I just drive it like a grandpa lol
I drive mine the same way.

I did slight pedder lowering springs. It's not harsh at all. Actually rides better then stock.

I will add that I also replaced shocks as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I drive mine the same way.

I did slight pedder lowering springs. It's not harsh at all. Actually rides better then stock.

I will add that I also replaced shocks as well.
Shocks are my next step. I need struts up front for sure. But I did all of the bushings front and rear this year, so biding my te. Till next year for those. Just trying to collect parts while they're in stock now. And possibly do just the rear springs and shocks for now.

·
Wol Gemut
3,728 Posts
I have had the Pedders -20 in the back for a long time and the height is great, as is everything about them. the stock height Pedders were too high, the oem sag looks good just does not ride good, but Pedders -20 does both.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Reactions: GTO_04

·
Is that FWD?
1,325 Posts
I have lovells 350mm rear with Koni shocks. With the rear sag I had, they sit at same height,
I am doing 340mm front lovells with new struts in next few weeks.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Lovells seem to last longer and have less issues with settling (sag).

Not to mention the blue springs just look better especially on my IBM.
I actually like having the blue springs on my IBM as well.

I have the Lovells 350mm in the rear but with 8mm spring pads so it's only lowered 12mm (about 1/2 inch). I like the way it sits better than the stock raked look.

·
Registered
CP M6 04, YJ A4 04
365 Posts
Take Andy's advice & go w/the Pedders.
rake - what rake? I can't Ever recall either of our 04s ever looking 'raked', in the now 3rd calendar decade we've owned them in

Blue springs, really? ? that's as silly as me considering an off-brand RR bushing for my car just because is Purple...

·
oops, killed another one
497 Posts
I put lovells stock height springs in the 'stocker' goat, it was stiffer and slightly higher in the rear but I needed more spring without running air bags (1.55 or quicker 60' was the norm). Ran stock original stuff before that behind the trans, including shocks w/275 tire and it did consistent high 10's either way at the drags in vegas. Not sure if that helps. I haven't tried road course or anything like that, but it's nice to drive on road or at the strip fwiw. It's just money and preference I guess.

·
oops, killed another one
497 Posts
I got spanked, but it was a bunch of fun..if you like straight line stuff. This is with just new rear springs for suspension.
go to 1:20 & 3:00 for some of the few times I actually raced someone. Some 8second cars in true street class, Yikes!

Reactions: GTO_04
1 - 20 of 21 Posts