LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2004 GTO
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all from washington state, I was looking around for an LS swap hotrod project and stumbled on this cool little car, and no need for a swap, it came with one from the factory! The motor and trans is out of it, has been sitting a few years. The previous owner had started building an engine and ran out of money/time/interest etc so I am taking over!
Have been studying the LS1tech site for advice building the motor and trans, bought a few parts that havent even got here yet, and thats about where I am at. I will be poking around in here for awhile too! Thanks RJ

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
05 GTO, PBM, M6, SAP, 18s
1,796 Posts
Welcome to the herd RJ. Share some pics when you can… be great to see what you’ve got ahead of you

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
783 Posts
Hi RJ...I hope you get your project up and running. Welcome to the herd! 🐐🐐🐐

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,841 Posts
Share some pictures and details of the car, including the parts you and the previous owner have bought. Also, list what you want to achieve with the car, ie. street beast, drag car, road racer, etc.

·
Registered
2004 GTO
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres a few pictures, the engine has PRC cast heads and 227/232 .614/.595 112 cam, pile of parts consists of LS6 manifold, Stock throttle body and maf, 1 3/4" long tube headers and all the accessories. Transmission is stock 4L60E with 75K miles, unknown condition so will be going thru it. Also included Yank SS3600 converter.
I bought a FAST 102 manifold with a NW 102 throttle body already set up with LS3 injectors and LS2 fuel rails from another builder. Ordered all the parts to put together an LS6 MAF in a 4" tube, so intake will be 4" all the way..
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Grille
Engineering Gas Machine Auto part Machine tool
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
783 Posts
You have some REALLY nice options on there. I like those wheels and it looks like that's an RK Sport spoiler...
Looks like a fun project! Thanks for posting up the pics...next step is to get it running :cool:

·
Registered
2004 GTO
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wups I meant to say LS7 MAP card. My neighbors are starting to complain about me sitting out by the gate with a woody waiting for parts to arrive. Just finishing up the rig thats been on my lift so I can get the car in there and get started on it pretty soon. Going to get the headers ceramic coated too in the mean time and put some sort of leather conditioner on the seats. Any recommendations for that stuff??

·
Registered
2004 GTO
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I got er up in the air today, seeing lotsa stuff I dont like, little shorty spam cans for mufflers, crappy two piece driveline with center section all hogged out, all stock original suspension and brakes. Lotsa new toys to buy looks like! One piece driveline, coilovers, magnaflows for starters and also, I helped a buddy pull the engine/trans out of a Holden Caprice cop car awhile back for his LS swap 79 Camaro (thats what got me started looking for one of these cars) he said I can have the rest of the car, so if memory serves it had some nice big brakes on it so I better go look at it again and drag it home.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Tire Vehicle brake

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Car
Liquid Bottle Solution Bottle cap Ingredient
Liquid Bottle Solution Bottle cap Ingredient

·
Worthless reject member
55,257 Posts
instead of footballs, i see FPFQ has evolved to using coil spring spacer clamps.

one peice driveshafts aren't always the upgrade they seem to be at first on these cars. unless you're going to race or make lotsa power, a new carrier bearing and new giubos should do you.

that exhaust looks like a flowmaster system, maybe.

·
Yes my name is Holden
713 Posts
Greetings RJ & all; Welcome to the group. The collective brain power here is amazing! But please excuse me as my brain is full Ole' stuff. I would suggest that you make-state a goal for the Outomibile, post it & you will get more specific info from the collective brain trust. And Thank you for saving one of these exclusive Outomibiles from part out, Ole' Bob.

·
Registered
2004 GTO
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK stock driveline and engine mounts on the scrap heap, DSS one piece driveline, Torque Master billet motor mounts, poly insert for tranny mount, and coilover package on the way. That leather conditioner I got at the local farm and tack supply works fantastic and its not expensive.

·
Registered
2004 GTO
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well parts are showing up now after the long weekend, rebuilt the rocker arms, measured for pushrods and ordered them along with another pile o' stuff so will be putting something together soon after the paying job on my lift leaves here.
I was looking up the paint code which turned out to be phantom black, and about that time the radio in my shop was blasting out an old country song lyric by the late great Naomi Judd "I see you driving by like a Phantom Jet with your arm around some little brunette" and I decided right there and then the car gods had spoken! My car's name is "Phantom Jet" now! My apologies to anyone who might have already thunk up that name but I am stickin with it.
Automotive design Camera lens Reflex camera Gadget Audio equipment

·
Registered
2004 GTO
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Engine coming together nicely now, Performance Coatings in Auburn WA did a nice job ceramic coating those old rusty headers. Down to figuring out vacuum line routing and assorted details but for now it looks cool just sitting there on the stand. Taking that transmission apart next.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Automotive exterior Machine

·
Registered
2004 GTO
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Check this out I pulled the tank to drain out the old skunky fuel and have a look at the pump, lines etc. Somebody had put a 550 lph hellcat pump in the stock bucket. WTF I think that somebody must have had a mullet and a suspended license for starters, probably missing some teeth too. The o-ring was cut almost all the way through from all that fuel trying to go somewhere. I figured the regulator must be trashed so I ordered a new module and a Lingenfelter high flow pump kit to put in it. Disregard the bandaid, I was working on a Ford earlier, the reason why mechanics cuss and bleed.
Liquid Fluid Thumb Finger Gas

1 - 19 of 19 Posts