LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,861 Posts
This reminds me of some of the insanely stupid color combos I've seen some put together on their new C8 corvettes.

The answer is NO.

·
Super Moderator
15,861 Posts
White, Black, maybe Charcoal Gray exterior.

·
GR-RRR!
6,635 Posts
I have a white/black interior with red accents in a white car and it works well in my eyes. Which is good because it is my daily.

Blue car with a tan/saddle interior would look good, if you could make such an interior.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Only factory exterior colors I'd consider with a red interior are black, silver, or grey. If you're getting your car sprayed -- then add white into the mix.

With a blue exterior -- just black with the factory leathers. If you're getting custom leather work done -- then something like dove (light) grey would work.

Speaking of custom, if you're going the saddle route, I'd only do it with black, red, grey, or a green similar to the ones Dodge is currently putting on Chargers and Challengers. Some others might work but I'd have to go somewhere like Maserati.com and play around with their configurator as they have a huge palette to look at. But if you're staying IBM -- then black for sure.

BTW, in something like 05 a woman had a custom leather interior installed in her new GTO. The color combo was incredibly bad. I think it was a purple car and she had a purple and red interior put in. Spent a fortune on it but the colors just didn't work. She was a member of something called the purple hat society -- and their colors are purple and red.

Man, did she get lit up for that. Felt bad for her. Wound up deleting her posts and account within 24 hours. Oops.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,340 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't hate it.

Red definitely looks better on the neutral shades in my opinion. I plan on getting my QSM sprayed closer to a elephant grey once the wife allows. But would gladly trade the red interior for a IMB exterior.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a black 04 that had red interior - I couldn't stand it tho most others liked it. IF it had a black interior, I would've painted it Veduro Green & would still have it Same color as a 68 below, I found a few blocks up the street, & then sent to Texas back at the turn of the century. but NOT Veduro Green with a red interior, so that 04 ended up in Sweden

Red with Red also works, has since the 60s (or longer ?)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had the red and black interior in my 2006 QuickSilver Metallic and got many compliments...it wasn't my first choice when buying mine new as a leftover in 2007 but after owning it I learned to prefer it...YMMV apparently from many of the responses here...

Bill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts