LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I installed the longtubes and it ran fine and the first wot pull it did reduced performance mode came on and started idling like shit and car died.now it won’t even start.starter won’t engage and the traction control is stuck on any ideas?

·
GR-RRR!
5,383 Posts
Do you have a scanner? If it went into reduced performance mode it surely threw out some codes, what codes are there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont. I unhooked the battery to reset the pcm so i could drive it.and now it wont start at all.i looked at my bettery voltage and the starter isnt pulling any voltage from the battery

·
GR-RRR!
5,383 Posts
Could be a million things, starter, ignition switch, EDM, TB connector (a known weak point). I guess just check the obvious stuff. But I'd suggest getting a scanner (they aren't that expensive for a simple one) and read the codes and see what that tells you.

Such as: OBD II Code Reader

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed that sometimes when i start it i turn the key over and there is a super delayed response form the starter.maybe a connection to tge starter went bad

·
GR-RRR!
5,383 Posts
Be sure to clean the metal nub on the key fob and that it makes good contact with the metal ring surrounding the ignition switch. Does the fob lock and unlock the car? What is the static voltage output of the battery? Make sure the battery connections and the ground connections are clean and sound.

·
Worthless reject member
39,956 Posts
Could be a million things, starter, ignition switch, EDM, TB connector (a known weak point). I guess just check the obvious stuff. But I'd suggest getting a scanner (they aren't that expensive for a simple one) and read the codes and see what that tells you.

Such as: OBD II Code Reader
usually a tb connector or a bad pedal is it. could also be a MAF/MAP/TPS correlation error.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be sure to clean the metal nub on the key fob and that it makes good contact with the metal ring surrounding the ignition switch. Does the fob lock and unlock the car? What is the static voltage output of the battery? Make sure the battery connections and the ground connections are clean and sound.
The voltage is around 12 and the connections are good

·
1 of 40,757
6,387 Posts
Your battery can read 12 volts but will drop when under load if it isn’t holding or has a good charge.

when you turn the key do the dash lights turn off as if there isn’t enough charge in the battery to turn over the engine?

Disconnecting the battery will not erase codes.

Unless the engine is locked up the starter should turn over the engine.

Are you sure the battery is good and/or charged?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I installed the longtubes and it ran fine and the first wot pull it did reduced performance mode came on and started idling like shit and car died.now it won’t even start.starter won’t engage and the traction control is stuck on any ideas?
Did it run ok when started and warming up? IOW did it go south when it would have gone closed loop? It appears to have something to do with the headers install, that or a hell of a coincidence. It is possible to get the O2's crossed. Also possible to get electrical to close to the pipes causing a melt down especially in the starer area. It could be 2 area's effected by the one action (header install).
That said the first thing to do is get the codes, you have to start somewhere, that is the first thing a tech worth his 10mm is going to do, that information may elimate sensor/software issues or point right at it. Any other approch is simply shooting in the dark, you can do that all night and still not make a hit. A battery reset will not clear a hard fault gone forever, that would be stored and not clear unless you let the internal memory battery go completely dead and I'm not sure that would do it either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did it run ok when started and warming up? IOW did it go south when it would have gone closed loop? It appears to have something to do with the headers install, that or a hell of a coincidence. It is possible to get the O2's crossed. Also possible to get electrical to close to the pipes causing a melt down especially in the starer area. It could be 2 area's effected by the one action (header install).
That said the first thing to do is get the codes, you have to start somewhere, that is the first thing a tech worth his 10mm is going to do, that information may elimate sensor/software issues or point right at it. Any other approch is simply shooting in the dark, you can do that all night and still not make a hit. A battery reset will not clear a hard fault gone forever, that would be stored and not clear unless you let the internal memory battery go completely dead and I'm not sure that would do it either.
Yeah it ran perfectly fine the first night i finished i did a few little pulls not wot and then the next day i checked my work and made sure nothing was leaking and started her up and took her for a drive.i did one wot pull and i noticed when i let off the gas then slowed down it started acting like it was cammed then reduced performance mode came off and it stalled in my driveway.one thing that i do wanna note it and im not sure if this caused this.is that i completely disconnected the rear 02s.....and also i noticed the primary is awfully close to the starter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im gonna bypass my starter and see if itll start.cause it should start.that way ill know if the starter just randomly went bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay i got it ti start by bypassing the starter.i found a blow eng sensor fuse.so i replaced it.when i started it.it blew again.so now im pretty sure im grounding out on 02 sensor.i remember distinctly the clearance on the passager 02 was super tight. To even install the 02 i had to take the header back off so im gonna pull the header off and inspect the o2 wiring

1 - 20 of 31 Posts