LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
40,141 Posts
did you use extensions for the o2 sensors?

some cars/header combos will need them, other wise they will not reach.

possible that a wire could have contacted the header and melted.

you can also get some DEI sleeves to protect any harnesses that are close to the header. the starter should be ok as long as you kept the stock heat shield on it. if not, a DEI heat shield will work fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The o2 had 2 cut wires literally on the transmission pan.these speed engineering headers leave me no room for clearance on the passager o2.literally i might have to dent the pan in a little just so it wont rub and make contact.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The headers are really good for the price and sound amazing.but that is the one thing ill note.i dont understand why thet would weld the bung right next to the transmission

·
Registered
300 Posts
Okay i got it ti start by bypassing the starter.i found a blow eng sensor fuse.so i replaced it.when i started it.it blew again.so now im pretty sure im grounding out on 02 sensor.i remember distinctly the clearance on the passager 02 was super tight. To even install the 02 i had to take the header back off so im gonna pull the header off and inspect the o2 wiring
It's a pretty good bet you have a sensor lead melted and grounding on a hot pipe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I fixed the problem o2 was grounding out o. Transmission pan.it cut all 4 wires damn near.i popped a new o2 in and changed the eng sensor fuse.and its running perfectly fine

·
Powdercoat all of it
183 Posts
The o2 had 2 cut wires literally on the transmission pan.these speed engineering headers leave me no room for clearance on the passager o2.literally i might have to dent the pan in a little just so it wont rub and make contact.
Ah, there's your problem... speed engineering headers. I complained on here before about them. You're lucky yours clear your steering linkage. And my ps o2 sensor was IN the pan. Not against it, in. I had to install a hooker clamp on bung just to get out of the mess. Speed engineering paid for that bung... maybe they moved it for yours.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts