LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sea-Doo RXP 215 HP!!!
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a remote starter on their 04' GTO yet?

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
It's illegal to put remote start on manual transmission vehicles in MI.
In addition, the car won't be driven in the winter so not much point for me.
Dan

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
It's illegal to put remote start on manual transmission vehicles in MI.
In addition, the car won't be driven in the winter so not much point for me.
Dan
unless you were in the mafia. then you would want one :gr_jest:

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
"Holy remote car starter, Batman!"

"Quick Robin, hand me my Mustang repellant!"

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Very Quick Silver said:
Has anyone installed a remote starter on their 04' GTO yet?
I have had one since 3days after I bought her in march

·
Sea-Doo RXP 215 HP!!!
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, what brand???

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
I have had one since 3days after I bought her in march
Me too.......Honey, will you go start the car for me.......doesn't work very well though......
:drink::drink:

·
21,898 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you have an automatic, pretty much any of the aftermarket alarms can add a remote start to your car. :)

If you want to do it on a manual, it can be done. Most shops won't do it though, it being illegal in most states. :sneaky:

I wouldn't recommend it on a manual, it's an accident waiting to happen. :bomb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
:eek2: Also, please don't be one of "those" people that leave their car idling outside in the driveway for half an hour making your neighbors listen to the noise at 6:30 every morning...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't know if it is still offered but the Remote Start I put in my GTP worked for manuals although it was somwhat hokey. When you turned off the car there is some sort of reservation process where you put the key in and turn with the car not in gear so the car "knows" it is in neutral. Then it will remote start. Don't remember exact details as the GTP is auto. :(

Shawn

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Doesn't the GTO key have a chip in the key so that it cannot be started without it? If so, then if you get a remote start system then you are bypassing this security feature unless its installed with a alarm system. I don't know the fool proofness of the chip-in-the-key system, but im sure its more effective them many alarm systems give or take. I myself will install a hidden ignition switch system if its possible and cannot affect any other internal systems. Alarms will whine and whistle, but aren't effective unless they lower you insurance and disable the car from starting.

·
21,898 Posts
Razinhell said:
Doesn't the GTO key have a chip in the key so that it cannot be started without it? If so, then if you get a remote start system then you are bypassing this security feature unless its installed with a alarm system. I don't know the fool proofness of the chip-in-the-key system, but im sure its more effective them many alarm systems give or take. I myself will install a hidden ignition switch system if its possible and cannot affect any other internal systems. Alarms will whine and whistle, but aren't effective unless they lower you insurance and disable the car from starting.
well I lost one of my keys for this reason.....they cut it and placed it inside the ignition somewhere......I am happy with the alarm.....I know instantly anywhere I am if someone evens walks up next to the car. Mine has a proximity sensor, jack sensor, broken glass sensor, and disables the starter in addition to the normal alarm stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts