LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if I can remove the motor, run a cable straight to the throttle body but trick the computer into thinking its still plugged in?

You have two things that perform the traction control. The tc motor which limits throttle blade angle and then the ecm which pulls timing. I can change the timing pulled with HP tuners but cant control the tc motor. Plus I'm tring to clean up under my hood and get rid of unnecessary junk. Does the ecm just see a resistance to know its plugged in?

·
Worthless reject member
40,655 Posts
i think it works in concert with the electronic brake control module (abs module). also has some 5v and low reference wires from the ECM.

there should be a fuse for it in the engine fuse block compartment, pull it and see what happens. if the car runs fine and you don't get any errors, i would yank the relaxer motor and the throttle control module and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it works in concert with the electronic brake control module (abs module). also has some 5v and low reference wires from the ECM.

there should be a fuse for it in the engine fuse block compartment, pull it and see what happens. if the car runs fine and you don't get any errors, i would yank the relaxer motor and the throttle control module and be done with it.
I forgot To say. You can disconnect the plug to the motor and it acts fine. It just shows traction control is disable on the dash. However, I wanted to retain the timing part of the traction control. That is the hard part. Then I just realized the cruise control cable goes through the traction control motor.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts