LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Time to go...
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a used '05 GTO, but in the pics it has GTO lettered in white across the top of the front windshield. How are these typically applied? (stickers?) and how best to remove them?

Prolly a no-brainer, but I've never had any desire to put the name of my car all over, more than it already is.

Thanks,
G

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Usually just vinyl "stickers". A razor blade and some windex should do the trick.

·
Time to go...
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rev. Po-Jay said:
Usually just vinyl "stickers". A razor blade and some windex should do the trick.
That's what i figured, thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Heat them with a hair dryer until it's warm enough that you can't leave your hand on them, pick a corner and voila.....

And if any adhesive is left over, spray starting fluid on a rag a rub 'til clean.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Mine had the same lettiering when I bought it,PONTIAC. Razor blade did the trick, easier than expected thought when a light winter mist hits it just right at night I can see the "ghost" lettering.
Chuch

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Lorider680 said:
Mine had the same lettiering when I bought it,PONTIAC. Razor blade did the trick, easier than expected thought when a light winter mist hits it just right at night I can see the "ghost" lettering.
Chuch

yeah, I don't know why that is, but you can't get away from it. On one of my grand ams, I did the Grand Am lettering, the first got messed up by a rock and I had to order a new one, guess I didn't line it up right cause it looked like it was 3D in the same conditions and you saw the "shadow" of the other one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lorider680 said:
Chuch
Use your clay bar to clean the pores in the glass and the shadow (ghost) will go away.

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
You should be able to take your finger nail and lift up the corner enough to be able to grab it.

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
Take it to the car was and save ureself some work... 5 min and its gone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts