LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Beer Geek
7,995 Posts
You probably found this thread:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65906

and said WTF? I thought I had posted this before.

Post ten, paragraph two yonder (copy paste):

Briefly, I used a flat bladed screw driver to pry on the stops of the glove box door. Once those are out the glove box comes out just like the fuse panel cover under the steering wheel. The hinge 'clip' is on the outboard side, the hinge pin is on the inboard side.

Glad you got it worked out, it really is a piece of cake.

S

· GTO went bye-bye
2,361 Posts
1) open the glove compartment; remove the contents

2) lift the glove box up slightly from its rests. on the inside of the box on either side there is a strip of rubber maybe 3/4" long. grab the edge closest to you and pull towards the inside of the box. once it's free enough to pull on, pull it in toward the middle while pulling back towards you. they should pop out completely. the glove box should now swing down completely

3) grab the glovebox on both side and pull towards you, focusing primarily on the side closest to the passenger door. the
glove box has a little bar about 1/4" in diameter that snaps into a c-clip on the dash. by pulling on this side, you're popping that bar out of the clip. the LH side is just a tab that slides into a hole in the dash, so once you have the RH side pulled, just slide the glovebox slightly to the right to get the tab of the glovebox out of the hole in the dash.

i've had mine out a few times lately to do the bluetooth kit and the door lock kit, so it's all pretty fresh. i gotta say, i'm VERY impressed with how easy the GTO comes apart while at the same time hiding all hardware!!

Mike

· Nobdy
427 Posts
1) open the glove compartment; remove the contents

2) lift the glove box up slightly from its rests. on the inside of the box on either side there is a strip of rubber maybe 3/4" long. grab the edge closest to you and pull towards the inside of the box. once it's free enough to pull on, pull it in toward the middle while pulling back towards you. they should pop out completely. the glove box should now swing down completely

3) grab the glovebox on both side and pull towards you, focusing primarily on the side closest to the passenger door. the
glove box has a little bar about 1/4" in diameter that snaps into a c-clip on the dash. by pulling on this side, you're popping that bar out of the clip. the LH side is just a tab that slides into a hole in the dash, so once you have the RH side pulled, just slide the glovebox slightly to the right to get the tab of the glovebox out of the hole in the dash.

i've had mine out a few times lately to do the bluetooth kit and the door lock kit, so it's all pretty fresh. i gotta say, i'm VERY impressed with how easy the GTO comes apart while at the same time hiding all hardware!!

Mike
Exactly. I didn't have to pull the rubber stoppers all the way out, just pulled them out far enough to clear. Let the box "flop" down.

support the box from the bottom edge then pull the passengers side towards you, it will pop loose the slide the whole thing to towards the right and it will come off of the pin.

A word of advice, while your down there check the wiring harness leading to your BCM, you'll notice it lays against a metal bar, that can eventually cut into the harness (don't ask me how I know) put a few strips of tape around the harness and that bar to cut down on the rubbing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.