LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Urban Redneck
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoiler has gotta go. I was thinking of just filling the holes in the trunk lid with discreet rubber plugs, but is there a better way? Aftermarket holeless trunk lids?

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Good luck finding a new trunk lid. Three holes on one side and two holes on the other, there is an extra hole on the passnenger side, a bigger hole, for the brake light cable. Only way I can think of is a trip to the body shop. I would like to take mine off because I swear the paint doesn't match.

·
Registered
275 Posts
redneck said:
Spoiler has gotta go. I was thinking of just filling the holes in the trunk lid with discreet rubber plugs, but is there a better way? Aftermarket holeless trunk lids?
The Monaro deck lid hasn't got any spoiler holes !!
P/n for the Monaro deck lid is 92122715.

·
Urban Redneck
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aussiefan said:
What are the chances of getting that in the same factory paint color as my car? Do Monaros and GTOs come in the same colors?

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts
redneck said:
take it to a good body shop. Weld the holes shut, fill and paint.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the trunk lid showing the holes? I was thinking of making filler plugs. A pic would help me decide.

·
3,327 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I to wish that the spoiler was either gone or a different design. I'm going to live with it and wait to see if a better one comes along, I'm sure its just a matter of time...maybe something on the lip of the trunk, an extension or something like a small whale tail

·
Urban Redneck
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, that settles that. My spoiler is coming off, and I'll take the car to my body guy to see what he wants to fill the holes.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Your four options are this;

1) Leave the holes. :D
2) Try to obtain another trunk lid, fill those holes in, paint to match (if not correct color). You can order a Holden lid, or order one through Pontiac, but the price is like $225 or something like that.
3) Fill the holes in on your current trunk lid
4) Go to the hardware store and get some Nylon inserts (caps). They work real nice (I used them on my Harley where I removed the luggage racks) but they can be difficult to remove.

·
SOLD-04 & 06 Torrid Red GTO's
408 Posts
aussiefan said:
Not released in the US...you can only get 92164465 which is the US version with the holes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts