LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a big Problem since one Year!

After the P601, I took the GTO to a mechanic who said he could reprogram it because I thought that would fix the problem. He re-recorded the ECM but his software crashed with BCM to PIM process permanently. Of course it wasn't possible anymore.
Now I had a glorious idea: I ordered a "Plug & Play" (?) ECM from fs1inc.
Supposedly I should exchange it and just relearn the FOB.

OK ... I built the new ECM into the GTO and the display shows: "Service Vehicle Soon"

Step 2 of FOB relerning say: "Turn key to the “ON” position without starting the engine. Security light should turn on and stay on."

BUT: Security light does NOT(!) light up... its OFF but nothing happens when i turn on the ignition.

Problem 1: So I can't program the FOB like fs1inc said.

Problem 2: The diagnosis with the DiabloTool shows the following errors with the new fs1inc ECM:

- P0633 Immobolizer Key Not Programmed

- P1629 Internal Voltage Regulator Malfunction

Am I able to do something to get the GTO running again?
Unfortunately, my English is not very good and here in Germany there is no workshop that is confirm with GTO-electronics and programming...

I ask you for help otherwise the GTO will never drive again :-(

Thank you for read this :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just went through a similar situation. Got a P0601. I work as a technician at Chevrolet so I have access to all the programming equipment, etc... I reprogrammed my PCM but couldn't get it to link to the PIM. After multiple attempts, I use HPTUNERS to disable VATS 1 and VATS 2. Car fired right up, has had no issues since I did it. Good luck, hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello GSAWYERS, thank you for your Reply. I've heard a lot of confused stuff about VATS :-/
Some Questions about HPTUNERS:

For Disable/Deaktivation VATS 1 and VATS 2 do i need a "writing" version of HPTUNERS with 2x Universal-Credits?

Do you know if you have to be online when working with hptuners and a laptop?

I think it will make sense to buy this because nobody in Germany can help me with electronic problems, they can read out all errors with the devices but nobody here is able to describe with his "Tech2 Chevy USA" and understand the STS can't or can't speak english ... stupid situation for me. I have to help myself.

Thank you very much =)

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Hello GSAWYERS, thank you for your Reply. I've heard a lot of confused stuff about VATS :-/

For Disable/Deaktivation VATS 1 and VATS 2 do i need a "writing" version of HPTUNERS with 2x Universal-Credits?

I think it will make sense to buy this because nobody in Germany can help me with electronic problems, they can read out all errors with the devices but nobody here is able to describe with his "Tech2 Chevy USA" and understand the STS can't or can't speak english ... stupid situation for me. I have to help myself.

Thank you very much =)
yes

yes

·
Worthless reject member
46,561 Posts
coming from someone that has done this, once you disable VATS in the ECM, you must ALWAYS disarm the theft system with the key fob unlock button before starting the car.

If the system is armed, and you try to start the car, the immobilizer will not let it continue running. It doesn't matter if you have the correct key and matching fob.

This is generally not an issue since with this car, most people use the unlock button to get in and thus disarm the theft system, but say in a situation with a dead FOB and a manual unlock, you would not be able to start the car.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
coming from someone that has done this, once you disable VATS in the ECM, you must ALWAYS disarm the theft system with the key fob unlock button before starting the car.

If the system is armed, and you try to start the car, the immobilizer will not let it continue running. It doesn't matter if you have the correct key and matching fob.

This is generally not an issue since with this car, most people use the unlock button to get in and thus disarm the theft system, but say in a situation with a dead FOB and a manual unlock, you would not be able to start the car.
my alarm goes off with a manual unlock. was curious yesterday to see if the door cylinder was frozen or not.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts

Thank you very much =)
The P1629 is a hardware failure in the
Hello, i have a big Problem since one Year!

After the P601, I took the GTO to a mechanic who said he could reprogram it because I thought that would fix the problem. He re-recorded the ECM but his software crashed with BCM to PIM process permanently. Of course it wasn't possible anymore.
Now I had a glorious idea: I ordered a "Plug & Play" (?) ECM from fs1inc.
Supposedly I should exchange it and just relearn the FOB.

OK ... I built the new ECM into the GTO and the display shows: "Service Vehicle Soon"

Step 2 of FOB relerning say: "Turn key to the “ON” position without starting the engine. Security light should turn on and stay on."

BUT: Security light does NOT(!) light up... its OFF but nothing happens when i turn on the ignition.

Problem 1: So I can't program the FOB like fs1inc said.

Problem 2: The diagnosis with the DiabloTool shows the following errors with the new fs1inc ECM:

- P0633 Immobolizer Key Not Programmed

- P1629 Internal Voltage Regulator Malfunction

Am I able to do something to get the GTO running again?
Unfortunately, my English is not very good and here in Germany there is no workshop that is confirm with GTO-electronics and programming...

I ask you for help otherwise the GTO will never drive again :-(

Thank you for read this :)
The P1629 in an internal hardware failure in the ECM you need to call the seller and get them to replace it. Reflashing it won't fix a hardware issue

·
Registered
338 Posts
You need to address the P1629 code, contact the person you got the PCM from. Once you have a functional PCM, you can use HPTuners to disable VATS 1 & 2. When you purchase HPTuners, they give you credits, enough to do your car as many times as you want. I bought the Pro package from them to be able to datalog and tune using my wide band without being creative. Good luck, hope you get your issues resolved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts