LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
donde esta la biblioteca
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I may need to change my alternator pulley. It’s kind of hard to describe, but there’s a “wobble squeak sound” that comes from the front end on deceleration. From what I understand that’s when the the alternator pulley does its thing since it’s a clutch type pulley.

So my question is, has anyone ever done this??? Do I need special tools or anything??? I have the replacement pulley but can’t really seem to find much info on the topic.

And help....

·
Living the dream!
4,812 Posts
I thought the pulley's on our alt's were manual...? I've never had to mess with it yet so I'm not sure.

Even so, there are youtube videos on replacing pulley's. There's a special tool required to remove the OEM pulley. No idea where to get it from! Anyhow, here's two video's I've found on google:

·
donde esta la biblioteca
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked a little earlier tonight. I need a 17mm Allen and an impact to remove the pulley. It’ll be difficult to do in situ because I’ll need to remove the fans and prob the radiator in order to put the Allen key and impact on, but it’s something that’s just annoying to me, I don’t think it hindering performance or gonna screw me for now but eventually I’ll get to it... if it was gonna be easier (which it might be if I just remove the alternator...haven’t looked into the route yet) that might the way to go. That’s what the weekend is for

·
Worthless reject member
39,086 Posts

yeah, this was the thread i was thinking of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts