LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Machine04
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
if you're going to re-rivet. maybe clean the holes and put some primer in there. just as a precaution.

maybe consider threading for a screw but that might be worse.

Surprised those holders don't come out easier.
You read my mind. I was thinking of riveting in stainless rivet nuts so I could use bolts. However, it would be pretty tough getting the rivets set at the two locations. I still may give it a try though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well mine arrived tonight , the SS line kit.
Im sending them back because i have no intentions of trying to buy flaring tools that can handle SS tube flaring.
If i knew i could swap the 05-06 Master Cylinder and ABS unit it, would be game on and a worthy upgrade.
Somthing to look into for all GTO members .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did this swap with both fuel and brake lines from SS Tubes and have an 04. Had to ship the lines back along with my Rusty OE lines to get the right stuff. Even when they sent new stuff back, it wasn't right and I had to cut and flare a line that went into the ABS module. I didn't get stainless though and had all the flaring tools. Did everything without removing any major components, but took forever.

·
Performance Addict
104 Posts
Thank you for sharing and all the pictures. I am definitely saving the post in my archives.

Can you post comments about the 2 piece vs 1 piece drive shaft comparison when you are back on the road? I’m curious how you feel they compare.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
10 Participants
keitho64
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing