LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just curious after replacing my upstream o2s will my car automatically run normal again or do the codes have to be cleared before i notice a difference?

also has anyone used walker 02s before ?

·
Registered
2005 M6 MBM GTO
31 Posts
i was just curious after replacing my upstream o2s will my car automatically run normal again or do the codes have to be cleared before i notice a difference?

also has anyone used walker 02s before ?
I just replaced mine yesterday and I didn’t need the codes cleared for the check engine light to go off. I did unhook the battery while I was doing it but I’m not sure if that had an effect or not.

·
Worthless reject member
40,770 Posts
unless someone has messed with your tune, normally the ECM will constantly monitor those front o2's no matter what. Even in some modes of closed loop it will still make STFT adjustments. So, yeah, run them.

You should generally stick with ACDelco or Denso replacement sensors. Walker stuff is just OK, though, probably a repackaged O2 from another manufacturer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as far as ac delco denso or walker go dont they all do the same thing ? or is there a difference in the way they perform and if different brands do perform differently how big of a difference are we talking? i am just trying to get my power back too where it oncee was.... also since my cats are gutted how important is it to get it tuned could that be adding to my problem ? and if it would really help to get tune what would you say it would run me cost wise

p.s thanks for baring with me .i know how annoying it might be that i am constantly asking questions and some of the questions i ask i might have asked before and i apreciate all the advice ive gotten from you and other members so again thanks and also forgive my punctuation i only made it to 7th grade smh lol heres a pic of the car i refuse to sell

Attachments

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
O2 sensors basically all do the same thing, but the NTK seem to be the best as far as longevity, and accuracy. If you don't clear the codes it will take some drive cycles to go away. If the rear O2's are not disabled in the tune, then you will set codes for cat efficiency failures due to the missing cats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts