LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Disconnect the negative side of the battery with the ignition switch on for about a minute or so. We do not have the PCM BAT & PCM IGN fuses like the F-Bodies do to do it that way.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
It'll learn by itself, but it will take longer and may not fully take advantage learning of the increased intake flow. So resetting it won't hurt anything other than having to do the drive cycle (as much as you can possibly do) that can be obtained at www.obdII.com

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
LOL, trying to do that driving cycle almost got me killed. Of course, I was trying to do it on the Interstate during rush hour traffic. :D

Study the checklist carefully and find a place and time you can go through it. It is worth the trouble, because my car is running GREAT after resetting the PCM and going through the driving cycle.

·
2,432 Posts
All of the Aussie guys seem to say pull the fuse. GM guys usually pull the negative on other GMs. I've done both and pulling the fuse is a lot more convenient. It's the red one in the middle top of the fuse block.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I specifically looked for a PCM BAT & PCM IGN fuses to simply pull them instead. It is possible however that these cars have them wired differently and without a wiring schematic, I wasn't going to start guessing. It's just easier to disconnect the negative side of the battery with the ignition on.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
I specifically looked for a PCM BAT & PCM IGN fuses to simply pull them instead. It is possible however that these cars have them wired differently and without a wiring schematic, I wasn't going to start guessing. It's just easier to disconnect the negative side of the battery with the ignition on.
The ignition on thing is news to me. On my Probe you DX the neg and step on the brake!?!?

·
2,432 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Did you look at the link I gave? I know the fuse isn't marked well, but it's there. I don't remember what it is labeled, but it does make sense once you know which one to look at. I highly doubt they would keep so much the same on this car and then decide to move the PCM fuse around.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
With the ignition switch on, the system is up and running but with an open circuit in the system, which then resets the system.

On many early 90's ford's, you had to press the brake pedal to start the car, so that may be the switch to close the circuit needed.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
AmesGTO said:
Did you look at the link I gave? I know the fuse isn't marked well, but it's there. I don't remember what it is labeled, but it does make sense once you know which one to look at. I highly doubt they would keep so much the same on this car and then decide to move the PCM fuse around.
No, not yet. I was refering to when I had to reset my PCM awhile back, I looked for specific fuses, didn't see them, so I simply disconnected the negative side of the battery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts