LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have Magnaflow mufflers w/ stock cats, resonator, and pipes. I want to keep my cats, delete resonator and replace with an h or x pipe for sound and perfomance inhancement. Now my question is if I do this will this void my service warranty? I asked the dealer that I usually go to and they told me yes it would void it:bs: . I then called another dealer further away and they said it would not void it as long as I don't remove the cats.:confused: I then went back to my original dealer and told him what the other dealer said and he told me they were wrong that it would be voided. Can you guys chime in and tell me which dealer was right and which was wrong? Now if this does void warranty then that is bu!! Shyt because I dont plan on removing the cats. Plus if any1 in the area can suggest a dealer that does not trip on this resonator stuff.

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
no , you will how ever viod the warranty on that section of the exhaust between there and the mufflers , and they might give you crap if you gotta warranty the mufflers

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
No, it won't, they're feeding you a load of BS. I could see them fighting you if a muffler wen't bad somehow (don't ask me how that'll happen) but even then it would be BS. Yet more fantastic GM customer service.

·
I hate you
368 Posts
I'm running catless and I haven't had any warranty problems. The dealer even installed my SLP UD pulley and haven't had any problems. They know I drag race, they know I've been dyno tuned. So far..I have had nothing but good luck with them.

When I had my CV axle replaced under warranty...they knew all this also.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
as with any mod if it causes a failure then yes youre screwed. if not youre fine.

·
Hunkerin Down
244 Posts
dealers do what they want, will it void your warranty? Well when you called your dealer and they said yes they answered your question for you, SO Find another dealer.

It doesnt matter what the opinions of guys on here say each dealer is differant.

My dealer flat out told me when I asked about running after market fluids in the transmission and rearend, that they could void my warranty based on it wasnt the GM recomended fluids.

EVEN IF IT WAS WITH IN GM SPECS, Thats what they told me.

I suggest that, If your worried about your warranty you either find another dealer to work on your car, Or Use your current dealer and stay BONE stock.

Guy's on here will quote the magnason moss act everytime when it comes to aftermarket parts and warranty's

Do you have a formidable team of lawyers to handle your case like GM, do you have a ton of frickin money to pay out while fighting GM over your warranty for a few grand worth of mods?

Magnason moss act flat out doesnt protect you from sh**t, It should it doesnt, because non of us regular guys have the means to get the lawyers that it takes in a court of law to get things done.

So if your worried, Dont mod.

Diceman

·
Puppy Power!!
1,693 Posts
For the majority of legitamate complaints against the dealer regarding the Magnussun-Moss Act, a team of lawyers is not necessary. There are people to contact, government as well as GM, that will help.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you put in an H-pipe and your alternater went out, that the dealer would not void your warranty. If they try, a simple request for the regional manager would handle it quite easily. Now if you put cam and headers in the car and throw a rod, then you are on your own. Basically use common sense.

If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov.

Gm and the dealers do not want the FTC involved

Yes, the easiest way to handle these things is to avoid them. Finding a more friendly dealer is the best way. Check with some people local to you (post in your regional forum) and see what they say about the dealers in your area.

Bob

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
iamdiceman said:
dealers do what they want, will it void your warranty? Well when you called your dealer and they said yes they answered your question for you, SO Find another dealer.

It doesnt matter what the opinions of guys on here say each dealer is differant.

My dealer flat out told me when I asked about running after market fluids in the transmission and rearend, that they could void my warranty based on it wasnt the GM recomended fluids.

EVEN IF IT WAS WITH IN GM SPECS, Thats what they told me.

I suggest that, If your worried about your warranty you either find another dealer to work on your car, Or Use your current dealer and stay BONE stock.

Guy's on here will quote the magnason moss act everytime when it comes to aftermarket parts and warranty's

Do you have a formidable team of lawyers to handle your case like GM, do you have a ton of frickin money to pay out while fighting GM over your warranty for a few grand worth of mods?

Magnason moss act flat out doesnt protect you from sh**t, It should it doesnt, because non of us regular guys have the means to get the lawyers that it takes in a court of law to get things done.

So if your worried, Dont mod.

Diceman
:ftw: :ftw: :ftw: :ftw: :ftw: :ftw: :ftw: :ftw:
like i tell everyone it you have to ask if the warrenty is still ok, its not and stay stock.. yes they need to prove it cause it, but a catback could cause a engine to pop, all teh dealer needs is could, or maybe and you'd need to lawyer up

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback I think I will go for the mod and go for the extra ponies. I won a custom tune at the Magnaflow gtg so as so as I do the exahust I'll just have it tuned to a safe edit to try to avoid the catback making the engine POP!

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
i am installing an h pipe..........so we will see

1 - 11 of 11 Posts