LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any body removed the resonators on an 04 GTO..if so how did it sound?

Or has anyone removed the mufflers...how did that sound?

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
I removed my resonators on my 04 with stock exhaust and it sounded just a bit louder . Inside was no real change. I then went another step and replaced my stock mufflers with dynomax race bullets . I love the mean sound now even more. A muffler shop should only charge you about $30-45 to remove them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dude, that sounds sweet. Any kind of modification done to the exhaust to fit the bullets? How much for install?

·
Crack Open a Fresh Baileys
811 Posts

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
I had new tail pipes/tips made for the bullets.Yes I exceeded the speed limit :)

·
it gets 12mpg and loving it!
564 Posts
Kylan said:
Somebody went over their speed limit? :confused:

Sounds great, though!
I was going the say the samething. I sat mine speed limit to 110..

The car sounded sweet! I just removed my resonator and stuck some magnaflow mufflers on mine

·
Crack Open a Fresh Baileys
811 Posts
DaSmurfy said:
I was going the say the samething. I sat mine speed limit to 110..

The car sounded sweet! I just removed my resonator and stuck some magnaflow mufflers on mine
I just set mine to OFF.. Live dangerously! ...close to getting tickets, that is. ;)

·
2004 IBM A4
1,287 Posts
I agree with msfyter. Oh, by the way, I'm back to the original topic on the resonator delete sound, not the speed sensor. Anyways, it brought up the noise level a bit, not a lot, but noticable. Also, it sounds a little more aggressive now, not quite as refined, sounds pretty mean now. However, I'm removing my exhaust off my '76 Chevelle and I'm installing the 30 series Flowmasters on my '04 A4 GTO. Can't wait, they sound sweet as hell on my old car, but that's a 475 HP 383 stroker, we'll see....

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just set mine to OFF.. Live dangerously! ...close to getting tickets, that is. ;)
The dealership set mine to 125, it scared the crap outta me the first time it went off!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts