1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
606 Posts
Not bad. Sounds like it popped a bit while accelerating. Does it pop badly while you deccelerate?

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
that sounds damn good:)

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
And I thought my Corsa poped. Sounds good. I hope that is still with stock mids, and manifolds.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes everything is stock,
Yeah it pops a lot on deceleration

·
Old Goat
261 Posts
The popping would drive me INSANE!! Hope my Magnaflow that's on the way doesn't pop like that!! I do like the sound of your car while accelerating though!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah i had straight pipes for 4 days.. popping drove me nuts on deaccel and shifts.... and yes im sure ur magnaflow will pop alot, if u listen to it on de- accel BONE STOCK u can feel it and u can JUST hear it popping... so any louder exhaust will just amplify them :S....

·
"Power Abuser"
1,080 Posts

·
1 of 40,757
6,484 Posts
I've got a magnaflow cb with x pipe and it pops quite a bit between shifts. Need a tune to get rid of it.

·
1,695 Posts
I just removed the resonator on my 05 a few days ago, welded in straight pipes and very little if no popping at all. Otherwise stock system....with the cutouts closed :)

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Found out today, the poping is caused by retarded timing, and lean mixtures. When any exhaust mods are done, the air/fuel will lean out. The timing is from a factory tune.

·
1 of 40,757
6,484 Posts
A magnaflow, corsa, jba etc catback does not make enough of a differene to require a tune. Its in the programming. Called DFCO (Deceleration Fuel Cut Off) and it can be turned on or off with the higher end programming tools (LSXedit/HPT).
Ref: http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106830

Personally it doesnt bother me and the car made the same popping with the stock system although muted due to the resonator. Maybe with LT's it would but at this point (stock) its not enough to care. Besides its a high performance car, the popping goes with the territory.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts