LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Best Car Under $45k Period.
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done washing my car. Some others of you may feel the same way as I do.. that the GTO stock wheels can be a little hard to clean.

I purchased this:

Meguires "hot rims" wheel cleaner and it works GREAT! Spray it on, wash the car... let the stuff eat off the grime, then use a brush to clean the wheels and rinse. It does wonders to make the job easier and the wheels look fantastic!

BEST OF ALL: My local Murrays store had them on sale for $2.99 a bottle, which is cheaper than their cheapest stuff. I bought two bottles and am going to buy more (stock up while its cheap) since I have tried it now.

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up. You would think a wheel cleaner is a wheel cleaner, but a wax is not a wax and a soap is not a soap sooo... the same applies here. I have noticed this to be the most "foamy" of ANY spray on wheel cleaner I have used.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I use a toothbrush and glasscleaner
And for tuff stuff 3M brake clean works great and no harm to finish ;)

·
Best Car Under $45k Period.
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Review: Meguires High Glodd Tire Cleaner

I might as well add that I use Meguires High Glossy tire cleaner.

This stuff:

It's a gel not a liquid and it makes the tires look "wet" for well over two weeks or so... not just a few days. It's awesome and I love the way tires look after applying this kind of stuff. They stay like this for weeks now (as I said).

That little sponge makes it REALLY easy to apply without getting it on the wheels at all.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Fair warning, Hot Rims cleaner eats the Zinc coating on Baer brake rotors hehe

·
Registered
492 Posts
5point7 said:
I might as well add that I use Meguires High Glossy tire cleaner.

This stuff:

It's a gel not a liquid and it makes the tires look "wet" for well over two weeks or so... not just a few days. It's awesome and I love the way tires look after applying this kind of stuff. They stay like this for weeks now (as I said).

That little sponge makes it REALLY easy to apply without getting it on the wheels at all.
That endurance stuff works great! It has been getting hard to find around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts