LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Capitol City GTO's
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other NHRA events I have attended they make every effort to get at least one round of qualifying in on Saturday, if they cancel the entire event, more than likely it will be rescheduled the following weekend, which the tickets are good for. I plan to go rain or shine and hope they get some racing in, unless the entire weekend of racing is canceled Friday night 10/6, which is highly unlikely, if that occurs, I will post, PM and call (PM me your phone number if you want a call) everyone. It sounds like it will be hit or miss, but maybe we will get lucky.

·
not driving if I'm posting
448 Posts
johnsgto said:
Other NHRA events I have attended they make every effort to get at least one round of qualifying in on Saturday, if they cancel the entire event, more than likely it will be rescheduled the following weekend, which the tickets are good for. I plan to go rain or shine and hope they get some racing in, unless the entire weekend of racing is canceled Friday night 10/6, which is highly unlikely, if that occurs, I will post, PM and call (PM me your phone number if you want a call) everyone. It sounds like it will be hit or miss, but maybe we will get lucky.
Didn't know it would be so hard to be a nice guy and give tickets away did you? LOL

·
Blown By Maggie
2,443 Posts
johnsgto said:

Thanks John. I had the same idea unless it's a complete washout. It looks like the rain might move out later this evening up here. At least that is what the folks on the TV are saying.

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
FWIW, I spoke with a GM Manager an hour ago who has something to do with the GM hospitality tent this weekend at VMP and he was told to forget tomorrow since it'll be too muddy to deal with...don't know how that'll affect the racing though, just FWIW...

Tom.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Tom, this is not a dirt track event. Even though VMSP is in Dinwiddie, the track is paved....lol

·
448 Posts
I thought it was a mud bog.

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
:eek: :drink: :gr_jest: :cry: :D

...I know not what I say....LOL

·
Capitol City GTO's
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
04blkGTO said:
Didn't know it would be so hard to be a nice guy and give tickets away did you? LOL
Had no idea it would be this much fun, lol.

·
Capitol City GTO's
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2005Goat said:
They do have mud bogs there. I'd like to see John Force run his car through the mud bog.
MUD, I hope we do not see much of that, lol.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The parking areas should be interesting tomorrow.......big hilly fields, lmao You guys may wanna bring the mud tires :eek:

·
448 Posts
CGCBandit said:
The parking areas should be interesting tomorrow.......big hilly fields, lmao You guys may wanna bring the mud tires :eek:
Yeah, I may need to talk to the wife into her car.

·
Capitol City GTO's
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CGCBandit said:
Is there any special pay for parking before reaching the track, i.e., locals selling spots on their properties/driveways, etc? It's very common at some tracks I have been to, one way to keep out of the real bad stuff (MUD).

·
Blown By Maggie
2,443 Posts
johnsgto said:
Is there any special pay for parking before reaching the track, i.e., locals selling spots on their properties/driveways, etc? It's very common at some tracks I have been to, one way to keep out of the real bad stuff (MUD).

Man I didn't think about parking condition. Might have to bring the explorer instead. I will see what the weather looks like in the morning. Right now it's clear and drying on the roads in MD. Need to look at the local Richmond weather in the morning.

·
448 Posts
mdmike said:
Man I didn't think about parking condition. Might have to bring the explorer instead. I will see what the weather looks like in the morning. Right now it's clear and drying on the roads in MD. Need to look at the local Richmond weather in the morning.
Right now it's raining like hell here in Chester (25 - 30) minutes from WMP.

·
Capitol City GTO's
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2005Goat said:
If we do get rained out we should meet up for lunch or something.
The goat may be staying home tomorrow, but I have the tickets and will be there. Any suggestions for a place to have lunch, it may be the highlight of the day. Let's hope they get at least one round of qualifying in tomorrow. The forecast for 10/7 does not look good.

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
VMP weekend weather

Here's the weather forecast for tonight through the weekend for VMP....compliments of Yahoo weather...doesn't look very good...kinda like the Yankees tonight...again!

:drink:

Tonight: Cloudy with periods of rain. Low 48F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Rainfall may reach one inch.
Tomorrow: Windy. A steady rain in the morning, with showers continuing in the afternoon. High near 60F. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
Tomorrow night: Rain showers in the evening becoming more intermittent overnight. Low around 50F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Sunday: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High near 70F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph

·
9 Second Club
2,423 Posts
My wife and I will be heading down to Exit 133 to meet pat and whomever else around 830am for this. Pat had an extra ticket for me but the shitty part is I'm going to have to pay for my wife to get in.:whine:

Well atleast I hope it doesn't rain.

John

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Guys,
Just an alert. It is raining heavily, thunder and lighting, with 90% chance of rain through tonight. I just can't see them getting any racing in today and parking in the mud is gonna be the pits. I live just 15 miles from the track. Thought you would like this heads up. DT (8:10 AM)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts