LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CVGTO is headed to Richmond Dragway this Friday the 13th. oooohhh scary There are several of us going. It's $15 to race and $10 for spectator. Gates open @ 5PM with racing from 6-10. The weather report shows a high of 57 and a low of 37! Can you say new PB? Come on out and join us!

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
Yup, PB, PB, PB!:gears: :ftw: :boink:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Track should be prepped as well, it's a Gunslinger night :gears: :drink: :drink:

·
Money Pit
1,519 Posts
I'll be there for sure if the weather holds out. Weather people can't decide if the rain comes tomorrow, thurs, or fri.

·
Blown By Maggie
2,443 Posts
impulsivegoat said:
CVGTO is headed to Richmond Dragway this Friday the 13th. oooohhh scary There are several of us going. It's $15 to race and $10 for spectator. Gates open @ 5PM with racing from 6-10. The weather report shows a high of 57 and a low of 37! Can you say new PB? Come on out and join us!

Good Luck !!!!! :gears:

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fat nick said:
I'll be there for sure if the weather holds out. Weather people can't decide if the rain comes tomorrow, thurs, or fri.
I checked at weather.com the last few days and it shows rain wed into thurs with only 20% chance for Fri. Cross your fingers

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been watching the weather and it looks like its going to be hit or miss. Weather.com shows a 30% chance of rain tomorrow but the local paper says no rain. Dennis, I know you've got something going on but can you hook us up with some good weather?

·
I love turbos
957 Posts
Go away rain!

I'll be there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not one of you guys will be able to race at Richmond this week end(point race) ......... It is the postponed nationals from last week. I could be wrong, some one may want to check it out before the plans are made.

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
wrlowry said:
Not one of you guys will be able to race at Richmond this week end(point race) ......... It is the postponed nationals from last week. I could be wrong, some one may want to check it out before the plans are made.
I think you are thinking about VMP in Dinwiddie. They were supposed to have the NHRA thing last weekend but it got pushed back. That's why we're going to Richmond. Richmond was closed last weekend, No races so nothing postponed.

So, yes, we will all be able to race at Richmond this weekend.

http://www.richmonddragway.com/

LOL, a national event at Richmond. :ftw:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
impulsivegoat said:
Dennis, I know you've got something going on but can you hook us up with some good weather?
I feel in my "gut" that it will be dry Friday night (but that could just be the spaghetti I ate too much of last night!)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
impulsivegoat said:
LOL, a national event at Richmond. :ftw:
I have good news and bad news about this weekend at VMSP. The good news is they have hired a well experienced group to handle drainage on the parking area for this weekend. The bad news it that the group they've hired to take care of drainage is the "City of Richmond"

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hada68GTO said:
I have good news and bad news about this weekend at VMSP. The good news is they have hired a well experienced group to handle drainage on the parking area for this weekend. The bad news it that the group they've hired to take care of drainage is the "City of Richmond"
LOL, Battery Park and Shokhoe Bottom drainage engineering teams helped VMP with parking lot drainage at the NHRA event......

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
Hada68GTO said:
I have good news and bad news about this weekend at VMSP. The good news is they have hired a well experienced group to handle drainage on the parking area for this weekend. The bad news it that the group they've hired to take care of drainage is the "City of Richmond"[/QUOTE

Dennis, now Dennis...! I like that side of you brother! LOL! I'm looking forward to seeing some Central Virginia GTOs tomorrow evening/night, we know the weather will be just right. Just a reminder, we're having a CVGTO Association meeting at the start of the evening... :bunny: :gears:

Tom.

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Would love to be there...but am patiently waiting to get my converter installed first. Getting it put in the 28th then hit the track Nov 3 or 4th before the Fall Brawl.

·
What A Rush..
916 Posts
Keith put that hot chick back in your avatar. Tatoo just is getting it done for anyone.

Gotta work late tomorrow, no racing for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
OK........ is there 2 Richmond drag strips??

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wrlowry said:
OK........ is there 2 Richmond drag strips??
Um, kinda. There's Richmond Dragway, kinda ghetto and where we are going tomorrow night. And then there is Virginia Motorsports Park, nice track which the national events usually visit. Super Chevy Show, NHRA, etc.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,808 Posts

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Trix,
I know man I too miss the hot chick...but I check this site at work sometimes and the last thing I need is for my boss to see that. Female boss + military + hot chick avatar = bad day for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts