LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member #804
Joined
·
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from some where that Gavana is gonna sell the ripshift here very soon? any word on pricing and availabilty date jim?
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
GMH GTO said:
I heard from some where that Gavana is gonna sell the ripshift here very soon? any word on pricing and availabilty date jim?
sweet. i hope its less than $400. but if it turns out that the rip shift is as good as the aussie say it is, then maybe i will have to anti up for one.
 

·
GTO doctor
Joined
·
892 Posts
I had raised this question on the LS1tech.com forums, but haven't received any answer yet: Wouldn't the Ripshift move the shifter slightly over toward the passenger side of the GTO if it's designed to move the shifter closer to the driver on the Monaro? If you look at the picture on the gmmotorsport website, the shifter is offset toward the driver on a RHD car.
 

·
Feynman fan
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
I believe we learned a while back that the shaft attached in an offset fashion and that it could be atached to offset to the left or to the right.

I've slept since then but I'm pretty sure I even remember seeing pictures...
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
I believe we learned a while back that the shaft attached in an offset fashion and that it could be atached to offset to the left or to the right.

I've slept since then but I'm pretty sure I even remember seeing pictures...
yes, you are correct. check out the pic at the end of the thread

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4303&highlight=rip+shift

plus i get the feeling that Gravana Jim would not sell anything that he did not feel was high quality.
 

·
GTO doctor
Joined
·
892 Posts
I found that thread too. That's makes the ripshifter well worth it then. Can't wait to get my hands on one of them. I just hope it's not as difficult to install as the pics on the website make it out to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
drburns said:
I found that thread too. That's makes the ripshifter well worth it then. Can't wait to get my hands on one of them. I just hope it's not as difficult to install as the pics on the website make it out to be.
It took me about 2hrs to fit on my own and only using a trolly jack and axle stands.

The main thing to remember is to set the nuts which stop you from over shifting the gears very carefully ,as set to tight and it will jump out of gear or set to lose and you will over stress the syncro's..........

I fitted the shifter and test drove the car without refitting all the trim just to get it right.
 

·
Growing up is an option
Joined
·
17,296 Posts
uk hsv said:
It took me about 2hrs to fit on my own and only using a trolly jack and axle stands.

The main thing to remember is to set the nuts which stop you from over shifting the gears very carefully ,as set to tight and it will jump out of gear or set to lose and you will over stress the syncro's..........

I fitted the shifter and test drove the car without refitting all the trim just to get it right.
there was a thread here a while back showing how to partially pull up the trim around the shifter but it was just pulling the back end up and leaving the front part attached. how did you detach the front of the trim?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,327 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Still waiting to test it. Stay tuned!

Thx.

Jim
THanks Jim.......your one of my favorite vendors
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Warren said:

To fit you simple take the Gear knob off (small clip at the base of the knob) then get under the car and take the four nuts off that hold the rubber boot in place, then drop the back of the gear box (marking the bolt locations for the refit!) this is for some space to remove the four bolts holding the old shifter in place......

it is a simple job.........it must be as I did it!!!

ps. I bought the shifter direct from GM Motorsport in OZ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 

·
grinning ever since...
Joined
·
452 Posts
uk hsv said:
To fit you simple take the Gear knob off (small clip at the base of the knob) then get under the car and take the four nuts off that hold the rubber boot in place, then drop the back of the gear box (marking the bolt locations for the refit!) this is for some space to remove the four bolts holding the old shifter in place......

it is a simple job.........it must be as I did it!!!

ps. I bought the shifter direct from GM Motorsport in OZ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Under the car to take the four nuts off?? Any pics.. I was getting up some courage until that point. :gr_jest:

Any pics on the whole install/adjust lifecycle?

Sorry.. I truly need lots o'hand holding on such tasks.

Regards,
George
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Re: Photo of bolts in transmission tunnel.

This photo might help you summon up the courage. Pretty easy really. If you can jack the car up high enough to get underneath to work on the transmission you will do fine. There are 4 bolts to take the nuts off. (Only 2 can actually be seen in this photo.) Go for it.
Gordon

bioinformaticus said:
Under the car to take the four nuts off?? Any pics.. I was getting up some courage until that point. :gr_jest:

Any pics on the whole install/adjust lifecycle?

Sorry.. I truly need lots o'hand holding on such tasks.

Regards,
George
 

·
grinning ever since...
Joined
·
452 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Still waiting to test it. Stay tuned!

Thx.

Jim
Hey Jim.. any word on the shifters?? Still tuned..

Cheers,
George
 

·
GTO doctor
Joined
·
892 Posts
We should maybe start looking into a group purchase deal on the shifter. I'd be the first to sign up. I'm sure there's several other GTO owners that wouldn't mind getting in on the Ripshift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
bioinformaticus said:
Hey Jim.. any word on the shifters?? Still tuned..

Cheers,
George
I received it on Thursday. It looks similar to a Pro 5.0. I will install it in our SEMA project car next week and post feedback subsequently.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top