LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying the RK sport hood . What do you think of it as far as holding up to the weather and not cracking

·
Ima lead farmer, motherf__er!
939 Posts
Ive had mine on for a year and a half and had no cracking. I dont drive the car in the winter though, so I cant say how it would stand up to the snow/cold weather.

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
I think I remember reading on here that it flexes at higher sppeeds, and may need hood pins? Not sure what post it was in.

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
I've had mine for over 2 yrs. I park it outside through winter and have even driven in the winter.(nice day's) I havent had one problem with mine. There is some flex in the hood if You dont have the rubber stop's set right. Set them right and You dont have the flex anymore.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I have had no problems with it weather wise and my car is driven in winter and is not garage kept.

Not sure if you are shopping around, but here's a comparision I did of the RKSport and the MPD hoods:

http://home.comcast.net/~the_huntress/rksportvsmpdhood.htm

One note: I experience flex. In fact I am interested in a more detailed explaination from myred2004gto and adjusting the stops please :D

·
2,137 Posts
AlphaEden said:
And I'll add that I never had flex with the two hoods I've had, and i've gone 155 with em on
This I know, and myred2004gto PM'd me the fix, and I asked him to come back here and post it. Just so you know, I experience flex at 70-90 mph depending on wind turbulance. He indicated his did also until he adjusted it.

I just want him to have the credit :D

·
Creator of the Pizza Doctrine
4,506 Posts
Huntress said:
This I know, and myred2004gto PM'd me the fix, and I asked him to come back here and post it. Just so you know, I experience flex at 70-90 mph depending on wind turbulance. He indicated his did also until he adjusted it.

I just want him to have the credit :D
Just wanted to clarify things :p

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
Really no credit, just have to adjust the rubber stops under the hood. You have to play around with them a few times and run the car up to speed to see if it corrected the problem. I had some flex in my hood at higher speeds, and just turned the rubber stops in and out until it adjusted the hood right.

·
Let's roll...
1,036 Posts
myred2004gto said:
Really no credit, just have to adjust the rubber stops under the hood. You have to play around with them a few times and run the car up to speed to see if it corrected the problem. I had some flex in my hood at higher speeds, and just turned the rubber stops in and out until it adjusted the hood right.

Thanks for the info...something I never thought of.

·
2,137 Posts
Whisky said:
Thanks for the info...something I never thought of.
+1 on that.

In fact as a follow-up... the drivers side on mine was two extra turns out compared to the other side. I equalled them out and it is much much better! Still tweaking it, but much better.

Thanks!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts