LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://home.comcast.net/~the_huntress/rksportvsmpdhood.htm

Went over to Speed Inc today to snap pics of cjlannoy's car since he has the MPD hood and I have the RKSport hood. The above link shows the side by side pics.

Additionally I had my car dyno'd before and after the install of the K&N Aircharger. The first run was my car stock, as this intake is my first mod. The stock run ran 283.2 and then it ran 302.1 <edit> correction, it was 302.9 jeez</edit> with the aircharger installed. While my stock run was lower than I had hoped, it was inline with other GTOs. The good news is that since this is a ram air system, I should get better numbers IRL, since a dyno can't get actual numbers for ram air. I am pleased.

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW.... THANK YOU DY!!!!

You rock! :D

got so involved getting those pics up, forgot something majorly important. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
They both look very nice.
I can't make up my mind what to do.
Huntress nice dyno #s

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just added two more pics... forgot the top down from above the driver's side.

Holeshot... don't get either, you're too close to both Chris (Janesville) and I (Waukegan) :D

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Huntress said:
I just added two more pics... forgot the top down from above the driver's side.

Holeshot... don't get either, you're too close to both Chris (Janesville) and I (Waukegan) :D
Howie said he would give me a super deal on there hood :eek2:

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There you go! :D

Actually one more note... the RKSport hood is on sale for $476 through Friday, that's why I made it a point to get these pics up for those who needed more detailed pics of the differences. I do hope this helps.

Both hoods are very nice... subtle differences that basically bring it down to taste. I like both of them very much.

·
Registered
835 Posts
huntress, on your site you state that your hood is the mpd hood at the bottom of the page when you are talking about your dyno numbers.

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did???? whoa... brb

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:rolleyes: Jeez... fixed

Chris... you want me to email the pics I have of your car? I have some on the dyno from before you arrived.

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cjlannoy said:
sure, and I'd like the one of Alexis and me. Thanks.
PM me your email address :D

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
great pics!!!!

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Nice comparison site D. I stuck the link in the midwest members pics.

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I corrected my first post... I actually misquoted my 2nd dyno. It was 302.9, not 302.1

*SIGH*

Have to go find my scanner... gave mine good one to my daughter, and have hers somewhere around here.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts