LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some decals made up to stick on the rear window, over the third brake light area. Would anyone else want one?

The main problem is what font to use. Any ideas?

One person suggested using the Arial font stretched 260% in MSPaint. That might be hard to get a Decal Shop to do.

Would we want to stick with one color, or several?

I am thinking the decals would be about 2-inches tall and for that size I can get non-reflective decals for $4 and reflective decals for about $6.

Let me know what you think.
- Chuck

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bad example of what I am talking about...

...and it would be about 2-inches tall

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Hu? What is RMGTO? When I go to RMGTO.com I get "welcome to mpedrick.net"

If you have it, work it in photoshop and save it as a .PSD. Many vinal shops use photoshop. If you can not get photoshop, use paint and talk to your vinal shop to see what they require. Where it is just a streached font, they will likely do the art for you cheep. They should have no problem with bitmaps that "Paint" turns out.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
If you have not talked to Devil Yellow about advertising a web site on the board, please do so soon.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
That wouldn't look as good on a sticker.... :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is this what you are looking for? Arial is not the correct font. I am on a Mac and used the font called Myriad and stretched it horizontally. I don't know if this is available for PC. It's definitely closer than arial especially on the top part of the letter "G".

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,499 Posts
sxty8goats said:
If you have not talked to Devil Yellow about advertising a web site on the board, please do so soon.
OK. I guess I wasn't aware that a non-commercial website would be a problem. I do, however, want to make sure everything is kosher here.

DevilYellow - I see that you posted in this thread. Is RMGTO's website acceptable?

On a sidenote, I'll be removing mpedrick.net in favor of rmgto.com today.

Thanks.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Doric said:
OK. I guess I wasn't aware that a non-commercial website would be a problem. I do, however, want to make sure everything is kosher here.

DevilYellow - I see that you posted in this thread. Is RMGTO's website acceptable?

On a sidenote, I'll be removing mpedrick.net in favor of rmgto.com today.

Thanks.
I was not aware if it ws comercial or not, I see DY checked in and offered advise so all is good. For all I could tell, RMGTO could have been another board or an advertiser. Posting another site here is kind of like going over to a bud's house and just taking a beer out of the fridge. It is most likely OK but asking first is nice. Unless you are at my house, just take the dam thing and don't bother me about it..

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Pete and DY.

From the four provided, it looks like DY’s is the closest.

So DY, what font are you using?

Would also be nice to get one for – PONTIAC - For my STB.
Hint, hint.
:cool:

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well - Is anyone else interested in getting a RMGTO or RMGTO.com decal?

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,499 Posts
I am. I'd like to see something with the GTO emblem in it, though.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I think I remember what it is :secret: .. But DY would be mad at me :punch: .. or I could be wrong :rolleyes: ..

Or maybe it is just a chance for me to use the smillies... :mullet: :shiner: :bubbrub :slap:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
RedhotGTO said:
Well - Is anyone else interested in getting a RMGTO or RMGTO.com decal?
If I were out in the CO area then yes, but sorry... I'm here in Chi-town with LS1GTO stickers on my side windows..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts